$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I haven't watched it, but if he sounds resigned to be off then couldn't it mean that new owners have a new manager lines up immediately. It's a bit different to allow this (off the top of my head, Hughes staying on at City) but he respects that Lerner has allowed this...

Literally could mean anything, or nothing though.

Not long til we find out for sure

Nice to see this thread taking a new direction. Instead of arguing about the relative merits of American billionaires we are arguing about the meaning of the word different

I love VillaTalk

Nobody's arguing. Just speculating.

By saing 'it's different' he doesn't mean that the statement has changed just that releasing a statement in the way Randy has said he is going to, is a different way of going about things.

Perhaps the Pope will be addressing St Peter's Basillica with all the latest Villa news?  

Some people prefer to keep telling themselves nothing is going to happen because they're scared of getting their hopes up.

I hope something does happen during the summer but I'm open to the possibility that something may not.

If AEG were to own villa and the NEC, I don't know why everyone is thinking new stadium ?

It's a much better business idea to use the NEC as a hub. Major train station and international transport. Get people in from all around, could have a little villa area of the NEC where you can get travel to international station or airport subsidised, get tickets, merchandise.. Before going on to villa park using a nice shuttle bus service or something.

If villa owned the NEC, it would be a handy boost for FFP too ;-)

There is going to be a lot of very disappointed people when Lerner finally does speak.

I think the only very disappointing thing he could say is that we are going to stay the course and believe what we have been doing the last four years is the right direction for the club.

Surely even Randy can see that his investment is under massive threat with this strategy and it is only a matter of time before we get relegated.

However after McLeish I would never think anything is too stupid for him.

It would create a poisonous atmosphere at the club though that is for sure.

There is going to be a lot of very disappointed people when Lerner finally does speak.

The only thing that would disappoint me is Lerner saying "I'm staying and am fully committed with our current strategy"...  

Will I still be disappointed? 

Edited by PieFacE

I've not been following the whole takeover saga and I can't be bothered to read the previous 145 pages. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Few people have made posts on various sites saying a takeover is in offering with billionaires from US or other parts of world.

Nobody knows whether this is true or not.

We will find out probably next week.

I've not been following the whole takeover saga and I can't be bothered to read the previous 145 pages. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Apparently there's a takeover happening. Apparently the man who is taking over is Philip Ancshutz worth about $10bn and also owns AEG. Everyone is/was pretty psyched about it. Trent has just pissed on everyone's chips by saying people will be disappointed (and Trent is usually pretty spot on).

That's about it mate.

i am by nature an optimist(stupidly so to be truthful)

but i get the feeling that it's a change of manager and not of direction.no business man of any repute would have a deal lined up if there was a chance of relegation.it costs a lot of money to do due diligence.i used to work in the city of london so have some knowledge of these kind of deals.if we got relegated that's serious money down the drain.if we are being taken over i think it's more likely to drag over the summer as they're more likely to wait until were safe to do the financial checks and so on.accountants/lawyers aint cheap.hope i'm wrong though.

Thanks people. Well the first rule of thumb when being a Villa fan is to never get your hopes, or you will be disappointed. Obviously I hope it happens, the longer the club stays where it is, the harder it will be to catch up with the top 6. 

Thanks people. Well the first rule of thumb when being a Villa fan is to never get your hopes, or you will be disappointed. Obviously I hope it happens, the longer the club stays where it is, the harder it will be to catch up with the top 6. 

Im worried about catching up with the top ten, never mind top six. We're light years behind Southampton, top six is a very, very distant dream.