André Green

sir_gary_cahill

18 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I'm surprised he's been called back. Either a winger has picked up a relatively long term injury or someone is going to leave in this window. Since the only winger we own is Albert I would be surprised if we are going to sell someone.

I've always like Green and I would prefer him to be getting game time here. None of our wingers have stood out over the last few weeks so why not give Green the chance. 

This is what the OS have just put out:

Why the surprise when you've explained it yourself afterwards?

I like Green too, he looked like he could cut it at Premier League level until his battle with injuries. I'd love for him to come good for us now!

• Like 2

I've never really rated the kid tbf and the fact he couldn't even hold down a place at Portsmouth us worrying. That said I don't rate Adomah either and Bolasie looks like an inconsistent show pony so all in all its probably a good decision to recall him so the new team can work with him. 

Edited by av1

I think it's worth remembering he's still only 20 years old. I always think he looks older and he seems to have been around the first team for 3-4 years.

I'm not sure why he couldn't hold a place at Portsmouth, but if he's not playing I don't think there's much point in him being there.

I always liked the look him of him. It's a bit of competition for our other wingers at the very least.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks more a striker than a winger to me.

I think the line between winger and striker is fading these days. You look at Messi and Dembele at Barca, one is a keep it wide 'winger' and the other is constantly cutting inside trying to get shots off. Both have been effective at both creating and scoring goals. 

Even Abraham has said in the past he prefers to be on the wings as he gets more freedom but is in no way less effective. 

Anyway back to Green, I think his pace and energy will be an addition to the front line. A front 3 of Green Abraham Bolaise has bags of pace and pace can do a lot at this level. 

I don't see what Green returning does to Adomah as they are opposite wingers??..

If anything it would be £70k a week Bolasie we would sack back to Everton.

- Not that he would be missed as he has not really offered much so far. £70k pw wages could be used else where over two players rather than all on this average one.

Have a feeling Kodija might be off to Nice so Green may be brought back as cover for both the wings and striker position.

All hinges on Balotelli securing his move from Nice to Marseille.

Or it's just that our late 20's early 30's players are exhausted after the holiday schedule and Green might offer a set of fresh legs.

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't see what Green returning does to Adomah as they are opposite wingers??..

If anything it would be £70k a week Bolasie we would sack back to Everton.

- Not that he would be missed as he has not really offered much so far. £70k pw wages could be used else where over two players rather than all on this average one.

Can Villa cut Bolasie's loan and send him back to Everton before end of season.  Is this standard, i,e a send back clause?  

They probably should if thats the case.  Free up 70k per week at least.

He was looking promising before his horror injury. His goal against Norwich was arguably the highlight for us in the first couple months of last season.

Apparently couldn’t hold down a place at Portsmouth (but still managed to get a few goals in his limited game time I see). If so I’d rather have him here if he’s not getting chance to develop there especially as the form of our wingers is so erratic.

Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if we’d been paying most of his wages there, if so I don’t see much point him being there. Wonder if this means someone is on their way out.

He was injured for the majority of his time at Portsmouth. Whilst he was out they were top of the league with two of the best performing wingers in it in Curtis and Lowe, so they were hardly going to immediately drop them once Green was back fit (which has also only happened recently, it's worth adding).

Remains to be seen how well he'll go on to do here but to base anything against him off his game time at Portsmouth would be extremely harsh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â