André Green

sir_gary_cahill

• 2 weeks later...

I do worry whether injuries have destroyed him, I guess this loan spell will help us on that one. He's player with a lot of good raw materials, good pace, quick feet, good technique and a very good shot. But a combination of injuries and shite coaching could have resulted in him not developing a good football brain, and he may have lost some physical attributes.

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I do worry whether injuries have destroyed him, I guess this loan spell will help us on that one. He's player with a lot of good raw materials, good pace, quick feet, good technique and a very good shot. But a combination of injuries and shite coaching could have resulted in him not developing a good football brain, and he may have lost some physical attributes.

He's in the Marc Albrighton phase. We'll release him and then he will win the champions league or something. 

• Like 1

This is the reason we send players out on loan.  If he ripped it up on his first game he would be in our squad.

Has all the ingredients but needs to make the step up....but it will take time!

12 minutes ago, Dick said:

My friend went to the match. Said he looked too scared to take players on. Probably something that has been coached into him as hardly any of our players do it,.

Spot on. 

Except for Grealish of course he likes to have a dribble doesn’t he. 

Oh and Kodjia of course he seems to prefer taking people on to passing. Ah it drives you mad! 

Oh and El Ghazi of course. He seems to like running at players doesn’t he. 

Oh and Hutton he’s good at taking players on isn’t he, better than he is at crossing anyway. 

And Adomah of course he likes to run at his man and he’s still technically here although I doubt we’ll see much more of him. 

Oh and McGinn seems to be happy to go past his man and create some space for others. 

Come to think of it even Scotty Hogan likes to run at his man. On the few occasions he receives a pass he manages to get under control he tends to go past three or four.

Whelan though dead right he doesn’t like dribbling, nor Jedinak, nor Chester so you’ve probably got a point about the coaching. 

On Green though your mate probably has a point. He’s not really quick enough to burst past his man and doesn’t seem to back his skill to do it. Not sure 1 on 1 is really a strength of his and may even be a weakness. He’s reasonable at making runs through into space in that wide forward type of role but seems to struggle doing that more standard winger stuff. Hopefully it’ll come for him. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Spot on. 

Except for Grealish of course he likes to have a dribble doesn’t he. 

Oh and Kodjia of course he seems to prefer taking people on to passing. Ah it drives you mad! 

Oh and El Ghazi of course. He seems to like running at players doesn’t he. 

Oh and Hutton he’s good at taking players on isn’t he, better than he is at crossing anyway. 

And Adomah of course he likes to run at his man and he’s still technically here although I doubt we’ll see much more of him. 

Oh and McGinn seems to be happy to go past his man and create some space for others. 

Come to think of it even Scotty Hogan likes to run at his man. On the few occasions he receives a pass he manages to get under control he tends to go past three or four.

Whelan though dead right he doesn’t like dribbling, nor Jedinak, nor Chester so you’ve probably got a point about the coaching. 

On Green though your mate probably has a point. He’s not really quick enough to burst past his man and doesn’t seem to back his skill to do it. Not sure 1 on 1 is really a strength of his and may even be a weakness. He’s reasonable at making runs through into space in that wide forward type of role but seems to struggle doing that more standard winger stuff. Hopefully it’ll come for him. 

Hardly any of our players beat their man. They run AT their man and then, with the exception of Grealish, lose the ball or turn and pass it back.

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Hardly any of our players beat their man. They run AT their man and then, with the exception of Grealish, lose the ball or turn and pass it back.

He's already said how correct you are, clearly Bruce has coached out all of Glen whelans dribbling traits, the bloke used to be like hazard on the ball at Stoke. And obviously Grealish is the exception I've never seen him give the ball away or turn and pass it back which is backed up with his goals and assists so far this season. 

Just read an article from mail today in which green says this..

"We’ve got a young bunch here so I knew I’d fit in. The training reminds me of international football. It’s quite sharp.

Doesnt exactly say alot about bruce and his coaching teams training programs, i find this deeply worrying.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-andre-green-said-after-15141262

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

Just read an article from mail today in which green says this..

"We’ve got a young bunch here so I knew I’d fit in. The training reminds me of international football. It’s quite sharp.

Doesnt exactly say alot about bruce and his coaching teams training programs, i find this deeply worrying.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-andre-green-said-after-15141262

sounds like a veiled dig....but most players who struggle to make an impact say the same.......Bobby Mac, never had a good word for Ron Saunders.

My response to Andre would be.....don't tell me, show me.

He's at another club now, where the coaching will be different.....If he tears it up....he may prove a point.

Â