André Green

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

I'm not that keen on this loan, we may need him this season, I wonder if we can recall him?

Nope, season long loan so no recall option unless Pompey are happy to terminate his loan which would mean he's been poor for them.

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Nope, season long loan so no recall option unless Pompey are happy to terminate his loan which would mean he's been poor for them.

You can recall on a season long loan it just has to be put into the deal.

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bruce has said quite a few times in interviews that the kids would get chances here, it seems that that isn’t the case, we loaned out Suliman too

Suliman is nowhere near ready for first team sona loan is best

I really wanted Green to kick on this season but after his long injury out, I can see the logic with loaning him out. However, with Bolasie seemingly being in a very similar situation there's also a lot of risk here. We're hardly blessed with wingers.

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We're hardly blessed with wingers.

i know what you mean but Adomah is a winger (sort of i mean some would disagree but he plays out wide) and Elmo plays as a wide player sometimes in midfield.

RDL also can play as wide man, no idea if he is in the plans of the manager or off to West Brom (errrgh).

i mean at worst O'Hare? I know he plays more in the Grealish role but to be honest both of them can play wide if really needed. Even RHM?

I would rather Green stayed, i do rate him, but i do feel he would be better off getting full games. He's not an impact sub for us, well he could be but certainly not yet.

But I do agree Bolasie has yet to prove his match fitness to any of us and could be an injury liability, who knows.

I think sending him on loan is the best for all parties.

There are two players that would sure play ahead of him, with Bruce seeming to prefer Elmo and Adomah instead of him.

I think now we are well covered in terms of wide area.

We also have Kodjia who could do a job as a winger.

I think our most priority now is a CB. I’m not sure we could get a striker who’s more quality than Kodjia with little time left. 

If we changed our tactics, and started to have shape, we could do with what we have (plus a defender) then we try and sort the striker and LB issue in January.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think sending him on loan is the best for all parties.

There are two players that would sure play ahead of him, with Bruce seeming to prefer Elmo and Adomah instead of him.

I personally believe Green is better than both of them. Possibly put together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

I agree with that.

But Green didn’t play a lot and still have much to develope. Letting him on bench won’t give him the minutes nor the confidence needed at this level. While the likes of Elmo and Adomah aren’t a long term prospects and they already played at this level and making them as back ups won’t stop there developement.

What I mean is we have players to fill the squad in that area. There are other areas which we aren’t even a top 10 team I’d say as defence.

Thats without saying that Bruce would prefer Elmo and Adomah anyway. We all know Bruce himself isn’t a long term plan so for Green to have a proper season will benefit him and us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

He shows raw  promise from what I have seen but would you let Adomah or Elmo go to make way for his progression?  Adomah would command a fair amount of money so he would be the obvious choice if Bruce had confidence in Green, he obviously hasn't , he's not brave enough tbh .

I hope the deal we have thrashed out is as good as the one man u have for their players , Green needs game time to realise his potential , and maximize our return . UTV 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

I'm surprised there wasn't interest from the Championship, but in any case I expect him to do well with a run of games. Probably a good move all round. Bruce relies heavily on wingers and he's not going do enough to start regularly here yet.

Apparently there was, but Bruce doesn't want to help out our rivals

• Like 1

Bolasie and El Ghazi will start. Adomah will be first to replace one if injured. Green will likely not be making the bench. Its for the best he gets some games and gets his confidence going. 

Not to mention if we sign Abraham.. Kodjia can move wide left/ride so.. this adds to the competition for places. 

• Like 1

I think the loan is a Good thing, experience and game time under his belt will only improve Andre and be better for us when he returns.

I know some will see it bad, but try to see it as he is not getting first team starts much with us, that will change hopefully when he is back with all the first team starts at Portsmouth. Lets hope he does do the business there, because he is needed at villa but we need him to get that experience under his wing.

To be honest we need to send more of our youth out, I don't think we should stop at Andre. Villa have been so resistant in sending our youth out on loan and that is one area we need to change.

While our youth's are at home trying to play what they can,when they can they are struggling to put In good performances, where our rivals/other clubs are loaning out there young players to get first team football else where which changes them so much and foe the better. We need to stop keeping our youth so protected at villa, let them run free for a bit at other clubs, bring them back and see how different they are, then maybe we won't have performances like the other night in the carabao cup when we should of really beat that team no problem.

We can't keep putting our first team against everyone all the time and expect them to be the only ones to pull of results, we need to be able to rely on the B team and get results from our shadow squad also, the only way we do that is follow how other teams treat there youth and get them loaned out for as long as it takes for those players to evolve and be prepared.

Send those youths on loan for as long as it takes and watch villa and those players reaped the rewards when they return.

6 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

I'm surprised there wasn't interest from the Championship, but in any case I expect him to do well with a run of games. Probably a good move all round. Bruce relies heavily on wingers and he's not going do enough to start regularly here yet.

I think it comes down to us not loaning out our players much over the years, especially the youth's. There would be alot of interest in our youth's in alot of directions but teams won't approach unless we put out a statement saying our youth's are up for loan. Club have been used to us saying no way to much I think, something that really needs to change because it is keeping our young padawon's from growing faster.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have a bad record for loaning out our players compared to most clubs. I would not be bothered if our players could get decent performances in. It's got to a point where our players are progressing slower than other teams young stars and thats not good at all for villa as a club and foe the players who are not getting game time enough.

Â