André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 19/01/2019 at 22:50, djdabush said:

I'm not certain he's ready to be a regular player for us yet, I'd have rather he'd stayed at Portsmouth as I think he would have developed more there. 

Would you prefer to start Adomah then?

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith said he wants to and I quote ‘’drive his market value up’’ in an interview I saw on YouTube. Are we just a selling club now?

I saw that interview as well,  but I understood it differently.

My immediate thought went to the value of assets, and how that may have a positive effect on ffp.. 

I think we've shown our stance on Grealish that we aren't going to let clubs cherry pick our best players.

The higher the clubs overall value, the higher the tier of sponsorship etc

^ In the same interview Deano also confirmed that a squad must have one homegrown academy player in the 18.

I had no idea this rule existed.

Might explain why we've seen Sarkic on the bench ahead of other keepers at times, and O'Hare with no intention of him being used.

Well with Greens potential he should have a higher market value than he does now. League one clubs is currently his market. I guess he needs to show that he can play Championship football and potentially make the step up to premiership level.

I would love for us to produce players that have a value of 15 million each, that for me is a sustainable model because;

A) They are good enough to improve us.

B ) We can make a lot more profit by moving these players on.

Green easily looked Championship quality or better at times last season. He's just had injuries at times he looks like hitting his stride and its held him back. Start of last season for instance, when Davis was also emerging, Green looked very good. In particular, against Norwich at home.

I hope he can get back to that level and pick up from there.

I think he looks better slightly more centrally than on the wing.

Not sure he has the traits of a traditional winger...i.e ( will-o- the-wisp)

When he learns how to turn the ball over regularly and bombs on....He will be a player, we will look to, to take us up.

Edited by TRO

In terms of the lad himself, I think he's got a cracking attitude and his head is screwed on. He's got the physique of a middleweight and pace to burn.

In my opinion, he'd got everything necessary to be a good player. Similar to El Ghazi. 

On 23/01/2019 at 19:00, Junxs said:

I saw that interview as well,  but I understood it differently.

My immediate thought went to the value of assets, and how that may have a positive effect on ffp.. 

I think we've shown our stance on Grealish that we aren't going to let clubs cherry pick our best players.

The higher the clubs overall value, the higher the tier of sponsorship etc

Wouldn’t have no effect on FFP unless he was to be sold. Value of the asset recognised, from my understanding, is the purchase price of the player. No purchase, nothing recognised in assets, and when purchased can’t be revalued based on how good he is. 

Even if you could do that, it would seem counter productive. FFP concerned with the profit and loss,  assets concerned with balance sheet. When player is sold profit / loss on disposal recognised within the P&L based on difference between players current value within the assets, and the proceeds received from buyer. Hence if you increase value of asset from 5 to 10mil and sell for 7.5m, keeping the asset at 5mil value would have created a profit of 2.5, whilst increasing value to 10mil would instead create a loss of 2.5m. 

Believe that is accurate.

Edited by Tony

There is a very interesting vid on YouTube about FFP and man city I believe, or was in man utd.

What's that channel again?, it's purely football based bit it discusses tactics and philosophy of football quite in depth.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

There is a very interesting vid on YouTube about FFP and man city I believe, or was in man utd.

What's that channel again?, it's purely football based bit it discusses tactics and philosophy of football quite in depth.

You don't want to listen to all that bollox mate -- subscribe to  "Hippo talks footy"  - its enthralling !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tifo football? Great channel.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

You don't want to listen to all that bollox mate -- subscribe to  "Hippo talks footy"  - its enthralling !

Is this channel going to make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon???? :)

• Like 1

Â