André Green

sir_gary_cahill

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he can't get in the Portsmouth team how good can he be? 

Had another injury which left him out the squad for a while  but 10 apps 5 goals and 1 assist ain't bad when you look at it. I'd much rather see him on our bench capable of coming on and doing something than someone like adomah who clearly can't be arsed anymore. 

Edited by holteend1982

He has been very unfortunate to be fair to him. As was said Portsmouth also signed Ronan Curtis off Derry in the meantime who has started like a house on fire and been one of the best players in the league in that position, so even now that Green has returned to fitness it'd be illogical for them to put him straight into the starting eleven.

45 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Difficult to see him getting a look bearing in mind he can’t even get in the Portsmouth team. He’s played and scored a couple in the poxy cups but barely featured in the leagues. Not the regular game time we were hoping for with the loan unfortunately. Maybe Smith thinks he can develop him more training with the squad and U23 games. 

He needs game time and won't get it at the Villa , U23 is well below his level and he needs to play competitive football against men. I would recall him and loan him out somewhere else.

• Like 2

I'd rather Green finished the season at Portsmouth personally, they're doing really well and look good for promotion. Injuries haven't helped him but he's getting game time and scoring a few goals.  Villa fans were already starting to get on his back at the start of this season, which is no good for him. Let him finish the loan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If he can't get in the Portsmouth team how good can he be? 

The manager favours a partnership that is currently working well for the team (they're cruising at the top of the table).  It's not a reflection on Green that Jackett is using players he owns.  He uses him in the cups and he has a 1 in 2 scoring record.

46 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd rather Green finished the season at Portsmouth personally, they're doing really well and look good for promotion. Injuries haven't helped him but he's getting game time and scoring a few goals.  Villa fans were already starting to get on his back at the start of this season, which is no good for him. Let him finish the loan. 

really?, no, i dont believe it!, Villa fans dont ruin their own youth players by boo-ing him when he's learning, we arent that stupid!, that would mean we would have trouble developing our youth and probably lose some really good ones to other teams cus we were being dummies.........nay i say, we wouldnt be that short sighted and stupid...........we have never lost good youth players after treating them like s*** and they have gone on to succeed elsewhere at teams now better than us......

...of course we would, no wonder we have been in such a mess the last few years..........

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Difficult to see him getting a look bearing in mind he can’t even get in the Portsmouth team. He’s played and scored a couple in the poxy cups but barely featured in the leagues. Not the regular game time we were hoping for with the loan unfortunately. Maybe Smith thinks he can develop him more training with the squad and U23 games. 

I thought that was mainly because he has been injured for a majority of the time there? Maybe match fitness.

Green has so much potential I think he could go down the albrighton route. Under a good attacking coach like smith he could be excellent.

Unfortuantely bruce didn't deem him good enough to play centre back.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Green should call it, give him the options and let him decide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

He has been very unfortunate to be fair to him. As was said Portsmouth also signed Ronan Curtis off Derry in the meantime who has started like a house on fire and been one of the best players in the league in that position, so even now that Green has returned to fitness it'd be illogical for them to put him straight into the starting eleven.

Maybe we should sign Curtis instead then :P

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought that was mainly because he has been injured for a majority of the time there? Maybe match fitness.

Green has so much potential I think he could go down the albrighton route. Under a good attacking coach like smith he could be excellent.

Unfortuantely bruce didn't deem him good enough to play centre back.

Surely you mean right back??

• Haha 1

I'm surprised he's been called back. Either a winger has picked up a relatively long term injury or someone is going to leave in this window. Since the only winger we own is Albert I would be surprised if we are going to sell someone.

I've always like Green and I would prefer him to be getting game time here. None of our wingers have stood out over the last few weeks so why not give Green the chance. 

This is what the OS have just put out:

Andre Green has returned from his loan spell at Portsmouth. 

The 20-year-old made five appearances in claret and blue this term before heading to Fratton Park in August 2018 on a season-long loan.

But he will now head back to Villa Park after 12 appearances and five goals for Pompey.

• Thanks 1

Â