Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

mentality.

Man. United to us is what Chelsea are to Spurs.

Watch Spurs go to Stamford Bridge in a few weeks and crumble if they go a goal down early despite them being a miles better team as indicated by the actual league title (not the one Pochettino is making up in his head).

That's where pretty much 30 years of continuous bad results seeps into a club's DNA. We were 1-1 and well on top v Man. United but it was little things like taking Bailey off when he had Lindelof all over the place that gives them that little incentive to go and get the win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Conceded 31 shots last night. Wild. Nobody fears them. We just need to shake off the mentality factor against them. 

Brentford had 81 touches in their box (KW)

Eighty One!! That’s insane

I watched the Sky feed of our game against Wolves yesterday.

Anyone notice how many times the in studio after our game the women (sorry don't know her name!) mentioned how Manure were looking to catch Villa by beating Brentford...runs to phone checks table. We are at the moment 11 points ahead of them... Its absolutely killing Sky that that lot are doing so badly.

Me as Mc Donald's say....I'm loving it!!!

• Like 1

I think them only ever being a tongues slip away from being mentioned is just because of the amount of fans (and therefore public interest) they have.

Liverpool in the 90s/00s were still talked about as "challenging the elite" clubs of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.. even though it got to 30 years between titles.  When Fergie won Utds first title, it was almost like a countdown to the media "the first title win in 28 years!" Or whatever it was.  It's just playing to the crowd innit?

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm just after realising that David de Gea has pretty much retired since his contract expired last year, they really broke him as a footballer apart from the crazy salary they gave him.

I'm sure a large element of it that he wants huge wages.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'm sure a large element of it that he wants huge wages.

Yeah seeing as Madrid signed kepa as a stop gap it's hard to imagine they didn't reach out to him 

Surprised he's not on the Saudi gravy train 

Finished club

I saw a post yesterday on their page and the top comment was about Villa and being somewhat rattled. This post was yesterday. 

That's how finished they are as a club. Rattled and beefing little old Villa.

Not to do us a dis service but teenage me is absolutely astounded.

They were unspeakably bad yesterday even by their recent abysmal standards. Quite unfathomable how you get a team of somewhat decent internationals (and some shit) playing absolutely zero football. I can't even begin to understand what ETH is doing and what has happened there. He's bad. He's not this bad. This is Steve Bruce bad.

Edited by rodders0223

Should have lost yesterday. Shame Brentford couldn't finish their chances better. United are the luckiest team this season by a landslide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm just after realising that David de Gea has pretty much retired since his contract expired last year, they really broke him as a footballer apart from the crazy salary they gave him.

It is odd he didn’t turn up anywhere yet. I guess he either didn’t entertain any approaches or he prices himself out of a move. 
I bet he’ll regret it when he’s too old to play.

• Like 1

I didn’t watch all of it but they were terrible yesterday, it was only England’s second best striker’s poor finishing keeping them in it. Imagine my delight when I checked the score and saw Brentford had scored a very late equaliser to cancel out the traditional late manure undeserved fluke goal. Sweet justice. 

They're not finishing above Villa, no way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I didn’t watch all of it but they were terrible yesterday, it was only England’s second best striker’s poor finishing keeping them in it. Imagine my delight when I checked the score and saw Brentford had scored a very late equaliser to cancel out the traditional late manure undeserved fluke goal. Sweet justice. 

They're not finishing above Villa, no way. 

We were all very delighted. It's only fair really. Not like they have a karma surplus to back up all the incredible undeserved wins they've racked up this season. They're basically a statistical anomality at this point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adam67 said:

I watched the Sky feed of our game against Wolves yesterday.

Anyone notice how many times the in studio after our game the women (sorry don't know her name!) mentioned how Manure were looking to catch Villa by beating Brentford...runs to phone checks table. We are at the moment 11 points ahead of them... Its absolutely killing Sky that that lot are doing so badly.

Me as Mc Donald's say....I'm loving it!!!

Sky don’t give a **** but they know that at any one time a large chunk of their audience are Man U fans (or some other ‘big 6’ club). 

They are just playing to the biggest portion of the crowd who ultimately buy their subscriptions. 

Can't believe how jammy Man U are. Commentators commending Toney. Man if my team created 29 shots on goal and scored 1 I'd have frigging sacked my entire forward line, their children, their children's children, and anyone who even so much as served a bacon sandwich to the attacking coaches.

Â