Manchester United

BOF

11 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Isn't this Goldbridge clown just some fella "in character" for likes and subscribers? From the clips posted in here I got the impression it's all just an act. Just like the Keith Lemon bloke.

I’ve met him a few times. Nice guy. It’s all an act and a lot of it is scripted. He does what he does and he makes money doing it. Fair play I say. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve met him a few times. Nice guy. It’s all an act and a lot of it is scripted. He does what he does and he makes money doing it. Fair play I say. 

Not sure how he keeps scripting United to concede a lot of late goals 😛

But as a pundit he is good, one of the only few media presence that are knowledgeable plus honest (the Sky clearings in the woods aren't experts, clowns like the spitter and Neville included) that has not ignored us this season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d love to know what is going through his head. Playing in the premier league for one of the biggest clubs in the world and he’s probably thinking “**** this shit, can’t believe I have to jog around like this on a Thursday night like a performing clown. It’s an absolute joke”

Have come round to thinking he needs to be told he won't be selected for England until he's on form and visibly committed to his club. We could take Gordon, Grealish and/or Palmer to understudy Foden at this point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He does live match commentary. How can it be scripted?

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Still blows my mind that the national team coach thinks Maguire is a better player than Konsa. Konsa is vastly, vastly superior. 

But has less experience... 

That's seemingly the crux of Southgates problem, he puts huge emphasis on experience be it the CL or previous England tournaments

Maguire is a better footballer because he has 63 caps for England (obviously paired with "never let England down") 

The problem then is that he has these caps over others because Southgate keeps picking him in meaningless games while the likes of konsa, white, Dunk, tarkowski, guehi, tomori, colwill etc are all stuck under 10 caps 

This is a complete guess here but mings will be the 3rd most capped CB under Southgate and he's on about 20?

Edit - striker and GK are exactly the same 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But has less experience... 

That's seemingly the crux of Southgates problem, he puts huge emphasis on experience be it the CL or previous England tournaments

Maguire is a better footballer because he has 63 caps for England (obviously paired with "never let England down") 

The problem then is that he has these caps over others because Southgate keeps picking him in meaningless games while the likes of konsa, white, Dunk, tarkowski, guehi, tomori, colwill etc are all stuck under 10 caps 

This is a complete guess here but mings will be the 3rd most capped CB under Southgate and he's on about 20?

Edit - striker and GK are exactly the same 

I never know what he means by 'never let down'. He's dropped loads of clangers the latest being against Brazil that nearly cost a goal.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have come round to thinking he needs to be told he won't be selected for England until he's on form and visibly committed to his club. We could take Gordon, Grealish and/or Palmer to understudy Foden at this point. 

100%

36 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I never know what he means by 'never let down'. He's dropped loads of clangers the latest being against Brazil that nearly cost a goal.

It means he was good in Russia 2018 

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is the right answer 

But I think Southgate thinks rashford means we don't have to take Watkins and Toney, we can get away with 2 strikers 

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is the right answer 

But I think Southgate thinks rashford means we don't have to take Watkins and Toney, we can get away with 2 strikers 

That is exactly what he thinks, yes. My point is he'll play Kane so much anyway that we could manage without Rashford's '3rd choice striker' role. 

• Like 1

@TRO your question to me got deleted as was off topic. I think Villa’s problem is we can lose one or two key players and go from a top 4 team to a mid table team. We haven’t got the same level of quality on the bench as a team like United who have spent a billion in recent years and have the highest wage bill in the league.

This is why I think we lost the first game. Too many key players out.

Second game we lost because we didn’t take our chances.  

If Unai was in charge of this United squad he’d be challenging for the title.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Not that you really associate united with bogey teams but of the remaining games they have they do seem to struggle against several of them recently, especially Brighton.

Last 5 premier league games record:

Liverpool W1 D1 L3
Bournemouth W3 D0 L2
Newcastle W1 D2 L2
Sheff Utd W3 D1 L1
Burnley W4 D1 L0
Crystal Palace W2 D1 L2
Arsenal W2 D0 L3
Brighton W1 D0 L4

Out of those 8 teams they only have recent winning records against Bournemouth, Sheff Utd & Burnley and they have already lost 3-0 at home this season to Bournemouth on that list. Sure it's united so they could end up winning 6 of them but presuming we even manage to win 1 of our remaining 6 i don't think they will catch us

Casemiro and Rashford are complete jokes at this point, Man. United are pretty much playing with 9 with those two in for 90 minutes (although of course many refs balance things up as the game goes on).

Hilarious Ten Hag sees all of this and keeps starting them game after game.

Casemiro gets cited as one of the big misses given he was injured between October-Jan but I think they'd have less points than they do now as he wouldn't have been getting into the areas to score some of the crucial goals McTominay did in that period.

They were so so bad again. Bruno was their best player but his petulance and tantrums are just as bad for the team as doing nothing like rashford 

Â