Manchester United

BOF

31 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Even though he is tactically limited, think GS will at least do a good job in cleaning the culture, setting the right environment in place for the next manager.

Easier to do with England because you're not stuck with poisonous players, whereas at club level if you can't sell them they hang around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Same village as me, Dorridge

off topic but I used to live in Dorridge, I left in 1994.

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Even though he is tactically limited, think GS will at least do a good job in cleaning the culture, setting the right environment in place for the next manager.

He wouldn't last a season, the job would eat him up. This would be great news for us if they are that stupid to hire him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gareth is a nice, well-spoken figurehead whose greatest achievement has been making the prospect of playing for England seem desirable to players again. He has underperformed significantly with one of the best generations of talent that England has ever seen (yes they've reached a semi and a final, but they've lost to every half decent team they've faced). So personally, I'm giddy at the prospect of how he'd do with the worst Man Utd squad in decades (seriously how many of their players would other teams in the top 8 take currently?). Couple that with how the football/fan media would react to the appointment and it could be truly something special to behold. PLEASE DO IT INEOS!!!

• Like 1

The fact he, as a manager is a consistent failure fills me with joy at the thought of him arriving at Old Trafford, he’s so bad I’d even consider him for a post at the ever ambitious SHA. 🤞🤞😂😝😝😝

"Trying" to talk to a man yoo supporter at a bbq last night he said that the problem with man yoo this season is that they have 8 players all out injured. I struggled to think of one of them.

He also mentioned that when he is able to get a ticket via their membership scheme, they get given a waterproof cover in case it rains, as the water leaks through the roof and onto them!

Still no idea why we lost to them twice this season, the current "4th position worry" will not have existed had we won at least one of those games...

33 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

"Trying" to talk to a man yoo supporter at a bbq last night he said that the problem with man yoo this season is that they have 8 players all out injured. I struggled to think of one of them.

He also mentioned that when he is able to get a ticket via their membership scheme, they get given a waterproof cover in case it rains, as the water leaks through the roof and onto them!

Still no idea why we lost to them twice this season, the current "4th position worry" will not have existed had we won at least one of those games...

They've got problems in defence meaning the likes of varane hasn't played a lot, Maguire is out, Shaw has missed most of the season, malacia has been a bad signing, they've then got martial and mount who've struggled all year

But these aren't players who play well when they are fit 

The only real good key player they have an injury problem with is martinez 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Oh he also said that he thought Ten Hag was doing a good job...

I am a little on the fence with EtH. Whilst I certainly don’t think he has done a good job I wonder how good a job is possible with the bad eggs (no pun intended) in the dressing room.

I suppose that is on him to sort out, but if the club are forcing him to keep people like Rashford in the squad and in the team then there’s not a lot he can do.

We know in the SAF era he’d have TOLD the club to move someone like Marcus on regardless of the financial cost, and in the long run it would have been value as people would taken notice.

Its a false economy keeping people with bad attitudes around as it is infectious.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I am a little on the fence with EtH. Whilst I certainly don’t think he has done a good job I wonder how good a job is possible with the bad eggs (no pun intended) in the dressing room.

I suppose that is on him to sort out, but if the club are forcing him to keep people like Rashford in the squad and in the team then there’s not a lot he can do.

We know in the SAF era he’d have TOLD the club to move someone like Marcus on regardless of the financial cost, and in the long run it would have been value as people would taken notice.

Its a false economy keeping people with bad attitudes around as it is infectious.

From what I've heard there's a split between the English and Portuguese players. Dalot was comfortably their best player today and will probably win POTY as he's stayed fit and performed to a consistent level even if he's not world class.

They've actually got a decent chance this season to cleanse that part of the club. Maguire has one year left, Shaw is decent when fit but constant injuries and coming up to 30 now, Sancho will be sold and said many times it would be a real statement to sell Rashford rather than just cross fingers he starts running around more in August.

The South Americans are probably closer to the Portuguese so that's the spine then of Dalot-Martinez-Fernandes-Garnacho and build around that. 

I thought Amad Diallo was decent first half aswell today and he had a great loan spell at Sunderland last year so bit bizarre he's just been bench warming all year behind Antony, that will surely be rectified under the next manager. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

From what I've heard there's a split between the English and Portuguese players. Dalot was comfortably their best player today and will probably win POTY as he's stayed fit and performed to a consistent level even if he's not world class.

They've actually got a decent chance this season to cleanse that part of the club. Maguire has one year left, Shaw is decent when fit but constant injuries and coming up to 30 now, Sancho will be sold and said many times it would be a real statement to sell Rashford rather than just cross fingers he starts running around more in August.

The South Americans are probably closer to the Portuguese so that's the spine then of Dalot-Martinez-Fernandes-Garnacho and build around that. 

I thought Amad Diallo was decent first half aswell today and he had a great loan spell at Sunderland last year so bit bizarre he's just been bench warming all year behind Antony, that will surely be rectified under the next manager. 

I agree with you for the most part but the thing I'm wondering is who is going to buy Sancho, he's on £200k a week at United, still has 2 years to run on contract so his book value is still about £30m. His salary alone is 20% higher than Dortmunds top paid player. But the same could be said for the likes of Shaw and Maguire. When you look at Rashford it's astronomical.

Edited by colhint

15 hours ago, Genie said:

I can't agree with this. They don't concede more shots per 90 than anyone bar Sheff Utd because of 'bad apples', it's because they're set up horrifically. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't agree with this. They don't concede more shots per 90 than anyone bar Sheff Utd because of 'bad apples', it's because they're set up horrifically. 

Honest when Ive watched them I can't really see how they're set up, they've got no identity or patterns of play, absolutely nothing about them

How do man utd play football? I don't know...

Its like us under Gerrard 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest when Ive watched them I can't really see how they're set up, they've got no identity or patterns of play, absolutely nothing about them

How do man utd play football? I don't know...

Its like us under Gerrard 

It's so funny seeing United fans go through this period. We were very experienced with this as even just 2 managers prior to Gerrard we had Bruce so we could see the patterns develop, apart from a select few who for it was oddly personal who chose to ignore them.

Right now there's a huge split in their fanbase. There are some who genuinely back him and have every excuse under the sun for why they're not performing ("uhh injuries, he can't get the players he really wants, bad owners" etc). When the stark reality staring them in the face is that they're not set up to win football matches. There are teams with worse squads and worse injury crises who can do that, some of whom look likely to finish above them this season (Newcastle, Chelsea) and some that can still yet overtake them (West Ham, Brighton, Bournemouth). The guy is just crap.

Edited by Keyblade

Â