Manchester United

BOF

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't believe people thought they are were geniune title contenders. OGS is and has always been out of his depth. Managing in Norway and getting Cardiff relegated is not really a resume to manage United. He got the job as he was a good player for them.Chelsea did that with fat frank and then sacked him off and got a proper manager in.

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s kinda abstract and difficult to articulate (so whether it’s a fair comment is another matter), but when I see Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, actually not just those managers but a lot of the ones outside of the top six, I see a sort of resolve. That they’re here to win, they have confidence in themselves to get a result. They may well be a dick about it, but there’s a confidence there.

I never really pick up a similar vibe from Ole. I don’t think he’s terrible, he just has the air of someone who’s somehow been allowed to stay up late with the grown ups and he’s anxious about being rumbled.

Agreed with the above; the problem they've got is that Fat Frank made it easy for Chelsea to sack him and go and get a proper manager. By contrast, OGS keeps doing *well enough* that sacking him would be difficult to justify and unpopular with a lot of their fans, but not, you know, *actually that well*. Or actually that well given the quality of players in the squad anyway.

I'm just not sure that the very best players really respect him enough, enough of the time. Like Pogba was decent today, and sometimes he's great, but he's always better for France because he actually respects the manager. If you're a really top player, would you choose to go there to be managed by him in preference to being managed by Guardiola, Tuchel or Klopp? I suppose Ronaldo literally did make that choice, but I'm not sure he would have done if he hadn't already played there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agreed with the above; the problem they've got is that Fat Frank made it easy for Chelsea to sack him and go and get a proper manager. By contrast, OGS keeps doing *well enough* that sacking him would be difficult to justify and unpopular with a lot of their fans, but not, you know, *actually that well*. Or actually that well given the quality of players in the squad anyway.

I'm just not sure that the very best players really respect him enough, enough of the time. Like Pogba was decent today, and sometimes he's great, but he's always better for France because he actually respects the manager. If you're a really top player, would you choose to go there to be managed by him in preference to being managed by Guardiola, Tuchel or Klopp? I suppose Ronaldo literally did make that choice, but I'm not sure he would have done if he hadn't already played there.

Yes, it is just “well enough” isn’t it? He’s like a good stop gap appointment until they find the manager they actually need.  

And whether accurate or not, I can completely believe someone like Ronaldo thinking to himself (not completely unjustly) that he knows better.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s kinda abstract and difficult to articulate (so whether it’s a fair comment is another matter), but when I see Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, actually not just those managers but a lot of the ones outside of the top six, I see a sort of resolve. That they’re here to win, they have confidence in themselves to get a result. They may well be a dick about it, but there’s a confidence there.

I never really pick up a similar vibe from Ole. I don’t think he’s terrible, he just has the air of someone who’s somehow been allowed to stay up late with the grown ups and he’s anxious about being rumbled.

Most things are if you set out to make them so, you sure do make things sound purdy mister.

You are absolutely right about Ole, he was in the right place at the right time and much like our England manager, he has a squad that papers over the cracks.

I really hope he does well enough to make it difficult to replace him, the longer he is there the better, we have a feint pipe dream of catching one of the big 4.

• Like 1

I have tons of friends who are Man U fans, among them my boss who's not afraid to give some friendly jabs when it comes to the PL, all in good sport thou. This is a very good day :D 

Man U fans not super happy about Solskjaer and his McFred midfield pairing. Seriously, how can a club like them play a pairing like that after spending that much money? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Man U fans not super happy about Solskjaer and his McFred midfield pairing. Seriously, how can a club like them play a pairing like that after spending that much money? 

3 names I wouldn't want at Villa.

That's the thing about Soalskaer, same as the Frank experiment. These are managers who would not get any other top job. If Solskjaer gets sacked, he's not being picked up by Man City or Chelsea. Not even Spurs or Arsenal. If he got another PL job at all, it'd be right down at the bottom end.

Clubs that invest a billion pounds over a few years should surely be appointing managers that are the envy of clubs around them, or at least clubs below them, not some rookie that used to wear their shirt. It's laughably small-time thinking.

One thing I will say for Ole is he hasn't failed as much as I thought he would, so fair play, I guess. You'd still be gutted if he was the next Villa manager though, wouldn't you?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Ogs is embarrassing himself with his rants. Offside from a corner where the ball was directly headed in ?  Players surrounding the ref is unsporting ? Man ure have been doing that ever since Keane and Ince, cheeky mofo.

Unsporting ? Yeah because pogbas 3 dives per game in and around the penalty area are sporting ? Or the bias man use have had the luxury of for 30 years in the English game ? 

Yep, funny enough he wasn't so worried about unsporting behaviour when Fernando's dived for their penalty few games back....or when pogba openly told one of their young forwards to dive more to get a penalty.

It must be different for man utd!

• Like 2

I wonder if Ole actually realises it could have been 3-0 before Maguire should have been sent off relatively early in the game and he’s deflecting, or if he’s actually that crazy to think they deserved something from the game and Mike **** Dean was on our side?

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I wonder if Ole actually realises it could have been 3-0 before Maguire should have been sent off relatively early in the game and he’s deflecting, or if he’s actually that crazy to think they deserved something from the game and Mike **** Dean was on our side?

He’s a spineless coward who will always deflect blame. He probably also thinks he’s playing the Sir Alex media game, but he really doesn’t have the manegerial pedigree to pull that off (KW.gif)

13 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

They are crying out for a ball carrying, hustling, can pick a pass and score a goal midfielder. 

SJM'S going nowhere you bastards.

Lets face it if next summer they come in with a bid over 60 million we will open up our  legs and take the offer.

McGinn is playing better without Grealish as he is going back to more of his natural free role rather than a out  and out DM. 

Reminds me a bit of when Barry left and Milner became the main man for a season before also being sold.

Utd stink.

Ole stinks.

I love him being at Utd. It's holding a superpower down very nicely.

Popular with some Utd fans because he panders to them. Like that game right there.

Ref fault, offside, Villa cheating wah wah wah.

If he tells the team that, which he probably does, that'll be why they're so crap.

Flip today round, what would Smith say? He'd say we were second best and didn't deserve to win. He was disappointed with a lot of our game.

Â