Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

"Individual brilliance" and "Counter attacks"

Guy is a managerial fraud.

It's basically Steve Bruce football. Give yourself a platform but basically when an attack breaks down run fast forward and exploit. Except he has some of the most exciting attackers in the world and not Snodgrass .

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I haven't seen Ronaldo in more than Portugal for a few seasons. He is close to finished isn't he?

4 goals in 4 games says he can still do what he’s paid to, so far. Need to see after 15 / 20 games if he’s still banging them in.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

4 goals in 4 games says he can still do what he’s paid to, so far. Need to see after 15 / 20 games if he’s still banging them in.

Football has moved on from just stats. 

His general play is absolutely woeful and I think united are a far stronger team without him. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

His general play is absolutely woeful and I think united are a far stronger team without him. 

Goals are not just stats, they are the essence of the game. 

Looks like he had a bad game today. You have to judge after a reasonable amount of games before writing him off.

He’s hired by United to do 2 things. Score goals and give them worldwide exposure. He’s doing both so far. Would have probably got 5 in 5 if he’d have taken the pen today.

Edited by Genie

I can't believe people thought they are were geniune title contenders. OGS is and has always been out of his depth. Managing in Norway and getting Cardiff relegated is not really a resume to manage United. He got the job as he was a good player for them.Chelsea did that with fat frank and then sacked him off and got a proper manager in.

• Like 1

It’s kinda abstract and difficult to articulate (so whether it’s a fair comment is another matter), but when I see Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, actually not just those managers but a lot of the ones outside of the top six, I see a sort of resolve. That they’re here to win, they have confidence in themselves to get a result. They may well be a dick about it, but there’s a confidence there.

I never really pick up a similar vibe from Ole. I don’t think he’s terrible, he just has the air of someone who’s somehow been allowed to stay up late with the grown ups and he’s anxious about being rumbled.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If anything stats are becoming more important in football.  The thing is we are now measuring more stuff than just goals/assists per game.    The Ronaldo stuff is interesting because he's going to score a lot of goals this season, but then Manchester United always score a lot of goals.  They got 73 in the Premier League last year without Ronaldo in the squad, and I'm not sure he''ll make an overall net increase in their attacking power.  He needs big goals in big games to justify the money they are spending on him, or it's Juventus all over again where his numbers are good individually but often to the detriment of the team. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s kinda abstract and difficult to articulate (so whether it’s a fair comment is another matter), but when I see Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, actually not just those managers but a lot of the ones outside of the top six, I see a sort of resolve. That they’re here to win, they have confidence in themselves to get a result. They may well be a dick about it, but there’s a confidence there.

I never really pick up a similar vibe from Ole. I don’t think he’s terrible, he just has the air of someone who’s somehow been allowed to stay up late with the grown ups and he’s anxious about being rumbled.

His results haven't been too bad so really he's the premier league clone of Southgate in many ways. On face of it decent results on the whole but lacks that extra ruthlessness or mentality someone like Antonio Conte has who they'll probably target for next season.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

No team with title aspirations would have Fred or McTominay on the bench, let alone starting them both in the same game at home.

Signing Ronaldo was baffling when that money could have gone towards fixing their midfield.

They are crying out for a ball carrying, hustling, can pick a pass and score a goal midfielder. 

SJM'S going nowhere you bastards.

Â