Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Crackling I don't mind but I'd rather go without than have to eat roast pork. 

But pork scratchings and pulled pork I'm absolutely fine with so....

schweinshaxe or GTFO

Tesco sells the illegitimate bastard ham version which is too salty , but a trip to Morrisons will locate afore mentioned knuckle of pig and you'll have the tastiest  meal on the planet for £3  , £3.20 if you throw in some salad with it because you are  ghey

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Genie said:

Then of course you have to have a photo of you being all wacky for social media 😖

Guilty as charged

tbf there can't be many people out there that did a house party version of Mustang Sally on a Kazoo ,jaw harp , spoons ,colander and trombone  ... but in my defence it was a one off I don't think we've been back on Houseparty since

I certainly wouldn't do a  virtual party or event on it

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

schweinshaxe ...a trip to Morrisons will locate afore mentioned knuckle of pig and you'll have the tasted meal on the planet for £3  , £3.20 if you throw in some salad with it because you are  ghey

Yeah, but the essential 4 bottles of Hefeweizen Hell will set you back another tenner.

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Virtual events and virtual parties. Just jog on.

I love a party, I love a drink, I love a dance, I love making a *** of myself on a night out.

...but sitting in front of a monitor having a tot. Do one. Just do one. Leave me out of it.

This x 10. At our place we have had to accept an invite for virtual cocktail making (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), the booze is sent to your house.

Or.....Gingerbread house decorating. All this will be done over Zoom. KILL.ME.NOW.

Edited by stuart_75

21 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Crackling I don't mind but I'd rather go without than have to eat roast pork. 

But pork scratchings and pulled pork I'm absolutely fine with so....

But the meat should be as juicy as pulled pork if it's been cooked right, just not shredded, and you've got about 10 packets worth of scratchings in what should also be a better crackling form. Don't know how that could not be loved, though I suspect you'd have to refer to the if part of my previous sentence.

1 hour ago, trekka said:

This.  I've managed to get out of our virtual evenings at work so far.  My boss had the idea to have virtual drinking sessions with his management team to relax (running at 8PM on a Friday night ffs).  I couldn't think of anything less relaxing.  Now I'm being asked what sort of Christmas party I'm going to set up for my team - they're talking of Christmas jumper competitions,  cake baking competitions and all sorts.  I don't even like to turn on the camera when all of the others do during meetings - this isn't "Through the Keyhole".  Methinks I'll tactically book Leave to start earlier this year to hopefully avoid it all.   

Chop up a big fat line of drugs and snort  it down and gurn at them And then get fruity with the females. They will never ask you back

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

The council in Nottingham have launched an escooter trial, where you can rent them really cheaply all over the city, and just drop them off at the end of your journey. In theory not a terrible idea, but:

• You have to ride them on the road, not on the path
  • They're limited to 4mph in the city centre

They want people going in to busy city roads, on a small vulnerable vehicle at a pace slower than I walk. 

Incidentally, these ones are an exemption in the law, and riding any other kind of electric scooter in public remains illegal. 

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The council in Nottingham have launched an escooter trial, where you can rent them really cheaply all over the city, and just drop them off at the end of your journey. In theory not a terrible idea, but:

They want people going in to busy city roads, on a small vulnerable vehicle at a pace slower than I walk. 

Incidentally, these ones are an exemption in the law, and riding any other kind of electric scooter in public remains illegal. 

We're slightly ahead of you on that

Voi e-scooters being dumped in Birmingham canals only weeks after city launch

Voi says it is developing a 'drowning feature' to alert them to any of the dumped e-scooters

One was hauled out of the water on Fazeley Street, Small Heath, at the weekend daubed with spray paint saying 'c***'.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/voi-e-scooters-being-dumped-19128629

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yep, we have them here too.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Much like the nation's half arsed approach to cycling infrastructure, it very much looks like a ridiculous attempt to say "they tried" while setting it up for failure so they can go back to forgetting about green transport. 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 13:23, rodders0223 said:

Virtual events and virtual parties. Just jog on.

I love a party, I love a drink, I love a dance, I love making a *** of myself on a night out.

...but sitting in front of a monitor having a tot. Do one. Just do one. Leave me out of it.

I was really happy when work said we'd all get £35 to spend (thank you Amazon vouchers) as we couldn't have a Christmas party this year. 

Slightly less happy when my boss announced that we'd have a virtual Christmas party, drinks session and sing a long. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

I did have Schweinshaxe in Berlin and it was very nice 

Me too, it was amazing.  It was the first time I ate sauerkraut as well, as a cabbage-hater in general I was pleasantly surprised.  The only time I've been pleased to see cabbage in a non-football setting.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

can go back to forgetting about green transport.

Apart from saving the planet and being simple and brilliant solutions,  bikes and E-scooters are just not for local councils I suspect. 

They can't track people,  charge for parking,  insurance,  rip people off with public transport  or no fuel duty and would reduce the big money they get for roads. 

I have an E-scooter,  it's amazing.

We get on well with our next door neighbours, but they're rushing to get their massive extension completed before Christmas and the builders are starting work between 7:15 - 7:30 every morning. Usually drilling or hammering or some other manly work I don't understand.

I'm not particularly fussed as we're always up by then and they know we are, but it's a bit of a piss-take isn't it? I'm pretty sure the law is you can't work before 8am.

56 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We get on well with our next door neighbours, but they're rushing to get their massive extension completed before Christmas and the builders are starting work between 7:15 - 7:30 every morning. Usually drilling or hammering or some other manly work I don't understand.

I'm not particularly fussed as we're always up by then and they know we are, but it's a bit of a piss-take isn't it? I'm pretty sure the law is you can't work before 8am.

Yep, this cantankerous old hag confirms it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, sounds about right. Our neighbours have workmen doing hard landscaping in the back garden - cement mixers, angle grinders/stone cutters, the works. But they don't start until 8.30. 

• Like 1

Â