Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

We get on well with our next door neighbours, but they're rushing to get their massive extension completed before Christmas and the builders are starting work between 7:15 - 7:30 every morning. Usually drilling or hammering or some other manly work I don't understand.

I'm not particularly fussed as we're always up by then and they know we are, but it's a bit of a piss-take isn't it? I'm pretty sure the law is you can't work before 8am.

It sounds a bit annoying but if it means they get done a few days quicker then the sooner they're gone and you can get back to peace and quiet. 

• Like 2

When you're on Rightmove/Zoopla/et al and you punch in your parameters... lets say flats up to £300k in Oxfordshire, and then when you see the results there are loads of lovely properties listed as "Offers over £300k" or "Offers in excess of £300k"

How much over? £1? £50k?

GTFO. 

I know why they do it of course, gets more views, but still pisses me off. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

When you're on Rightmove/Zoopla/et al and you punch in your parameters... lets say flats up to £300k in Oxfordshire, and then when you see the results there are loads of lovely properties listed as "Offers over £300k" or "Offers in excess of £300k"

How much over? £1? £50k?

GTFO. 

I know why they do it of course, gets more views, but still pisses me off. 

Yep. They probably originally had the property at £320k but willing to negotiate. Then they “reduce” it to offers over £300k but in fact the price they want is unchanged.

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

We get on well with our next door neighbours, but they're rushing to get their massive extension completed before Christmas and the builders are starting work between 7:15 - 7:30 every morning. Usually drilling or hammering or some other manly work I don't understand.

I'm not particularly fussed as we're always up by then and they know we are, but it's a bit of a piss-take isn't it? I'm pretty sure the law is you can't work before 8am.

Its usually a planning consent condition

Have a look on your local councils planning portal and it'll give you the allowed working hours, it depends where you are but it's normally 8am till 6pm or something like that

• Like 1

I have a pet peeve for when some arsehole decides to add "...and maaaany mooooooooore" at the end of a group of people awkwardly forcing their way through "happy birthday to you". If it is done while jazz-handing and met with forced chuckles that's basically the tipping point for me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

I have a pet peeve for when some arsehole decides to add "...and maaaany mooooooooore" at the end of a group of people awkwardly forcing their way through "happy birthday to you". If it is done while jazz-handing and met with forced chuckles that's basically the tipping point for me.

Adults singing happy birthday to other adults is bad enough. They do it at the office where I work, they sneak up to the poor sod that’s already fed up working on their birthday, then launch into song. Each department does it for their own. 
Nobody enjoys being in the singing group and nobody enjoys being the recipient. Can’t we just pack it in and grow up FFS!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am about to be bollocked by my wife. I have broken a lamp. A shitty 5 quid lamp but it will be treated with the seriousness of a family heirloom. 

Do what I do in those situations and turn the nightmare into a dream for her, by beating the shit out of her whilst wearing a pirates hat, claiming to be Johnny Depp.

#winning

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Tried the cat defence.  She didn’t buy it. Has taken it surprisingly well. Called me a word removed less than 5 times and has only mentioned it around 13 times. 

Yeah, but that's just today. 

Let's come back to this posting in 10 years' time and see if she has brought it up again 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did overtime at work Monday, during the shift briefing we were told anyone that is seen not wearing a mask or following the social distancing guidelines that later has to isolate will face disciplinary procedures and potentially be refused sick pay.

Turn up to work this morning and get told I need to do another covid swab,  a guy who was swabbed last week tested positive and someone on the night shift left early because he'd shown symptoms over the last few days (and still came to work). Early afternoon we get a phone call from occupational health because he'd told them he wasn't wearing a mask at some points during the shift, and asking if we can review CCTV to check. 

I've removed my mask to eat or drink as you do so now I'm anxious I'll be up for a disciplinary for my first ever occasion of sickness should a positive result come back or if I develop symptoms.

My lad is really missing playing for his football team, they missed 3 games before the lockdown and now another 4 weeks. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was the same for all kids.

Those at any kind of academy even the likes of Shrewsbury town are still training and playing all over the country. Another mate of mine who’s son (10) is in an academy played up North last weekend and spent the night before on a hotel.

Really pisses me off because it’s not because they are being Covid tested because they aren’t. 

Â