Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

One of my school friends organised one of those pink charity fun run things and someone knew Shane Richie so arranged for him to come and start the race .... he stayed for about an hour chatting to people , having photos taken and what not ... appreciate it’s a small snippet of him but my only experience of him is positive 

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on him but he just came across as a big “do you know who I am”.

They we’re having a meal in the restaurant (no cameras) and their table was cordoned off. Then they were constantly shouting at the staff to bring them extra food and drinks, I assume they were milking it as it was probably being paid by the TV company. In the show his missus was doing the whole “oh my god how an I going to cope in this (£100k) caravan” then at the end it was “it was so much more fun than I thought it was going to be be I don’t usually go on holidays like this”.

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

This has prompted me to look into Shane’s discography and it looks like a small treasure chest.

In 1997, we have the definitely titled “The Album” which mainly consists of covers (Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Daydream believer, Grease is the word...any many more).

But then we have 2000’s “Once around the sun” (now apparently deleted so I dare say a much sought after record among the the vinyl enthusiasts on here). Shane’s on the cover, hands together, sensitively posed with just a faint hint of eyeliner. Song titles include “Sha Na Na”, “Marvin on my side”, “Let me shine thru”, “No dull moments (summer love mix)” and the provocatively named “Lets do sex”.

Here you go,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was in a record shop having a thumb through the tat, from behind me I hear a booming voice introduce himself to the shopkeep.

”Hello, I’m Jonathan Ross”

Shopkeep: “ok”

Woss: “I’m here for a few days so I’d like to come back on Monday and look through your stuff”

Shopkeep: “closed on Mondays”

Me & mates: “ ha, ha, ha, ha. Brilliant”

it was the best celebrity moment I’ve ever witnessed

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wants to get himself down to the local foodbank, for some pasta and tinned tomatoes. PARKLIFE.

As I was writing this, I realised he wasn't the Eastenders actor that was in Blur. 

Spookily enough , my daughter was just showing me her artwork from school today , told me their  project was  to do something in the style of some bloke I’d never heard of called  Julian Opie ( yes I’m a Neanderthal).. anyhows once she showed me her work I impressed her by showing her the album cover of Blurs greatest hits and didn’t have to admit to my ignorance :) 

Edited by tonyh29

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was in a record shop having a thumb through the tat, from behind me I hear a booming voice introduce himself to the shopkeep.

Woss: “I’m here for a few days so I’d like to come back on Monday and look through your stuff”

Im on a celeb roll today , I should write my memoirs and have a chapter on famous people in it :) 

back in my IT days I had to install a Mac at his house , he wasn’t as famous then as he is now ( think he was on the last rezort at that time ) so the name didn’t really mean much to me ... his wife Jane was bonkers (in a nice way) he was quite nice even made me sandwich and a cup of coffee , I mainly just remember how untidy the house was if I’m honest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on him but he just came across as a big “do you know who I am”.

They we’re having a meal in the restaurant (no cameras) and their table was cordoned off. Then they were constantly shouting at the staff to bring them extra food and drinks, I assume they were milking it as it was probably being paid by the TV company. In the show his missus was doing the whole “oh my god how an I going to cope in this (£100k) caravan” then at the end it was “it was so much more fun than I thought it was going to be be I don’t usually go on holidays like this”.

I just remembered another thing he did, in the show bar they had a cheesey game of higher /lower cards thing. Shane gets up “impromptu” and takes over the hosting which tbh is fine. He had some fun with it (cameras rolling...). He asks the staff entertainer what the prize was and he replies £50, SR goes “what, £50, really?, well at least it’ll pay for your petrol on the drive home”.

Yeah, maybe if they came away in a Hummer.

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Our house was previously owned by a TV producer and an actress. When they showed us round, he introduced her with "This is Susie, you've probably seen her in Emmerdale". 

Me: "Never watch it". 

They still took our money, though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

You said, let’s do lunch

I said, let’s have sex

Everything will be alriiiiiit

Like many on here, I’ll be listening to this a fair bit. I can’t help but notice that the lyrics leading up to this (around the 45 seconds mark) are slightly troubling.

“All I want is to get close to you,

So much closer than you want me to”

At 2:12 Shane offers to

“Slip on something if you want me to, yeah”

Before stating 

“Your body tells me yes, but you say no.”

Once again, his lady friend suggests that they do lunch but as before, Shane has other ideas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Like many on here, I’ll be listening to this a fair bit. I can’t help but notice that the lyrics leading up to this (around the 45 seconds mark) are slightly troubling.

“All I want is to get close to you,

So much closer than you want me to”

At 2:12 Shane offers to

“Slip on something if you want me to, yeah”

Before stating 

“Your body tells me yes, but you say no.”

Once again, his lady friend suggests that they do lunch but as before, Shane has other ideas.

She wants Shane to do it to her make no mistake 

Not sure how to put this song into context for those that don’t follow country music. Mike will be aware of Dylans version but this song is ubiquitous as a busker doing Wonderwall, it was and remains everywhere, tune into a country music station and you can hear Darius Rucker or Old Crow Medicine Show singing it at least once a day. Dylan and OCMS sang it, Rucker made it ubiquitous. Its like shit on the streets of Wolverhampton. Its everywhere. This is Richies version. 

**** awful. 

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure how to put this song into context for those that don’t follow country music. Mike will be aware of Dylans version but this song is ubiquitous as a busker doing Wonderwall, it was and remains everywhere, tune into a country music station and you can hear Darius Rucker or Old Crow Medicine Show singing it at least once a day. Dylan and OCMS sang it, Rucker made it ubiquitous. Its like shit on the streets of Wolverhampton. Its everywhere. This is Richies version. 

**** awful. 

I'm not listening to that. The funny thing about that song is that I discovered the OCMS version a couple of years ago. I didn't know of any other versions, and I assumed I'd discovered a hidden gem. When I started playing open mic nights, I played it a couple of times thinking audiences would be unfamiliar. Only then did I realise that it was as ubiquitous as you say. It was quickly retired from the set. 

• Like 1

Can’t say I’ve ever heard that song before, even if it does  sounds like just about every other country and western song .

not my thing but it’s not terrible , I’ve heard worse , ie every single Queen song :) 

• Haha 1

Â