Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

There are very few things I know about tyres but i do know you should not mix crossplies and radials

When I watched this at about 8 years old I remember thinking this would be the most important information I would ever need my life.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Was that an Austin Maxi? I thought they all handled like that, no matter what tyres were fitted.

It was an Austin/Morris 1100. The biggest selling car of the 60's. Despite the advert, it was one of the best handling small cars of the era. Designed by Sir Alec Issigonis (designer of the Morris Minor and Austin Mini) and using Dr Alex Moulton's hydrolastic suspension. 

The Maxi was a few years later... also Issigonis (his last design) and it wasn't a bad car... just a little dated. It drove well, had a hatchback, huge amount of interior space and one of the first cars with a 5 speed gearbox. The UK public had moved onto Fords at this point though

/nerd

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was an Austin/Morris 1100. The biggest selling car of the 60's. Despite the advert, it was one of the best handling small cars of the era. Designed by Sir Alec Issigonis (designer of the Morris Minor and Austin Mini) and using Dr Alex Moulton's hydrolastic suspension. 

The Maxi was a few years later... also Issigonis (his last design) and it wasn't a bad car... just a little dated. It drove well, had a hatchback, huge amount of interior space and one of the first cars with a 5 speed gearbox. The UK public had moved onto Fords at this point though

/nerd

My dad had one of the first Maestro’s when they came out.

It was like science fiction compared with what had gone before.

I think it took roughly 3 weeks for the early adopters to all agree that once you got over the silvery blue metallic colour, it was actually a bit shit.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

My dad had one of the first Maestro’s when they came out.

It was like science fiction compared with what had gone before.

I think it took roughly 3 weeks for the early adopters to all agree that once you got over the silvery blue metallic colour, it was actually a bit shit.

Did it have the infamous talking dashboard? 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Did it have the infamous talking dashboard? 

Oooh, now, the fact I can’t remember suggests not. But then I also remember the neighbours being given a tour of the cars features. So, maybe?

I do remember him having an Allegro with the famous porous alloy wheels.

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:

It shouldn't piss me off as I like sausages and bacon and gammon etc but roast pork really pisses me off and it shouldn't 

But crackling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Virtual events and virtual parties. Just jog on.

I love a party, I love a drink, I love a dance, I love making a *** of myself on a night out.

...but sitting in front of a monitor having a tot. Do one. Just do one. Leave me out of it.

Then of course you have to have a photo of you being all wacky for social media 😖

Crackling I don't mind but I'd rather go without than have to eat roast pork. 

But pork scratchings and pulled pork I'm absolutely fine with so....

19 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Crackling I don't mind but I'd rather go without than have to eat roast pork. 

But pork scratchings and pulled pork I'm absolutely fine with so....

You are Jack Sprat's wife, I claim my £5

• Haha 2

Recruiters sending through BCC'd emails that are written like they're friendly acquaintances looking to 'catch up' but you've never heard of them and they simply open with 'Hello'. Couldn't even be arsed to do a proper mail merge to add a name.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Virtual events and virtual parties. Just jog on.

I love a party, I love a drink, I love a dance, I love making a *** of myself on a night out.

...but sitting in front of a monitor having a tot. Do one. Just do one. Leave me out of it.

This.  I've managed to get out of our virtual evenings at work so far.  My boss had the idea to have virtual drinking sessions with his management team to relax (running at 8PM on a Friday night ffs).  I couldn't think of anything less relaxing.  Now I'm being asked what sort of Christmas party I'm going to set up for my team - they're talking of Christmas jumper competitions,  cake baking competitions and all sorts.  I don't even like to turn on the camera when all of the others do during meetings - this isn't "Through the Keyhole".  Methinks I'll tactically book Leave to start earlier this year to hopefully avoid it all.   

Â