Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Can’t say I’ve ever heard that song before, even if it does  sounds like just about every other country and western song .

not my thing but it’s not terrible , I’ve heard worse , ie every single Queen song :) 

I think this is the thing, most won’t have heard Darius Rucker doing Wagon Wheel. I suspect Oirish Villans will have heard a version on radio, American VTers will surely be aware of it. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure how to put this song into context for those that don’t follow country music. Mike will be aware of Dylans version but this song is ubiquitous as a busker doing Wonderwall, it was and remains everywhere, tune into a country music station and you can hear Darius Rucker or Old Crow Medicine Show singing it at least once a day. Dylan and OCMS sang it, Rucker made it ubiquitous. Its like shit on the streets of Wolverhampton. Its everywhere. This is Richies version. 

**** awful. 

He sounds like Robbie Williams trying to do swing.

I managed about 35 seconds before I couldn’t tolerate it anymore.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Like many on here, I’ll be listening to this a fair bit. I can’t help but notice that the lyrics leading up to this (around the 45 seconds mark) are slightly troubling.

“All I want is to get close to you,

So much closer than you want me to”

At 2:12 Shane offers to

“Slip on something if you want me to, yeah”

Before stating 

“Your body tells me yes, but you say no.”

Once again, his lady friend suggests that they do lunch but as before, Shane has other ideas.

Having listened to the track several times I would say his style of music is a  kind of working mans George Michael.

Edited by Follyfoot

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Having listened to the track several times I would say his style of music is a  kind a working mans George Michael.

Thus with my interest levels piqued  I have been online looking for a copy of the album album and there is in fact one audio CD available for the price of £24.77 including free delivery with an average of 3 stars with reviews ranging from 

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 April 2015

Verified Purchase
not bad

to 

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 June 2012
Verified Purchase
Great listen,Great choice of songs for the album and Shane Richie has an amazing voice,Such a talented man :)This is a must buy if your a fan of the Gorgeous man, well actually even if your not Buy Buy Buy

which seems to indicate I must purchase this item as a stocking filler for the wife this Christmas, however after closer inspection, LoopyLou only has one other review an Amazon which relates to Mr Ritchie's earlier release of his 'The Album' cover songs

LoopyLoureviewed a product · 26 Jun 2012

My radar suggests from the timing of the reviews and the username having a highly cryptic link to the Eastenders,  Looplou may be Mr Ritchie himself attempting to drum up sales, an action doomed to failure as mentioned before with the album being deleted

Got a tough decision to make here taking into account his popularity will spike in the next few weeks which could lead to the sale of all stocks of the recording worldwide

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

After the show I can’t see Shane Richie making an awful lot of money. There’s probably not a huge appetite to get him onto talk shows as he’s very much a known quantity. They’ll want to book people who have been popular but not that well known to the wider public.

Maybe he can get back on Eastenders again although I’m not sure if they killed his character off or not.

12 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Like many on here, I’ll be listening to this a fair bit. I can’t help but notice that the lyrics leading up to this (around the 45 seconds mark) are slightly troubling.

“All I want is to get close to you,

So much closer than you want me to”

At 2:12 Shane offers to

“Slip on something if you want me to, yeah”

Before stating 

“Your body tells me yes, but you say no.”

Once again, his lady friend suggests that they do lunch but as before, Shane has other ideas.

Should just DHUTWU and STFU

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I think this is the thing, most won’t have heard Darius Rucker doing Wagon Wheel. I suspect Oirish Villans will have heard a version on radio, American VTers will surely be aware of it. 

Oh Jesus Christ. That song. FWIW I got to 16 seconds of that video above before hitting pause. That song is **** arse water of the highest order.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rjw63 said:

A house round the corner from me, festooned with outside Christmas lights.

Six weeks before the day.

I'd make it an arrestable offence, the stupid words removed.

Looked out my window this evening, only to see this in the middle distance. Immediately thought of you.

Merry Remembrance Day everyone.

31CE59DC-67F7-4085-BC57-00264DB3B47E.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Looked out my window this evening, only to see this in the middle distance. Immediately thought of you.

Merry Remembrance Day everyone.

31CE59DC-67F7-4085-BC57-00264DB3B47E.jpeg

Can't make it out on the phone, WTF is it?

Salt bae

He pissed me off when he was a meme but now I see he's got a chain of restaurants (which get really bad reviews) 

The Man can't cook! He can throw knives around and slap huge pieces of steak on tables in a way that's actually off putting rather than appealing but he can't cook

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Salt bae

He pissed me off when he was a meme but now I see he's got a chain of restaurants (which get really bad reviews) 

The Man can't cook! He can throw knives around and slap huge pieces of steak on tables in a way that's actually off putting rather than appealing but he can't cook

I’d never heard of him so I took a quick look at YouTube. I now recognise him as the man from the salty gif. One minute into a ‘best of’ video, it looks like he’s just some random idiot that **** about with meat. 
He’d probably be better off working in a butchers, but he’d be sacked within a week. Anyone that buys food from him and actually eats it, needs their head checking! 

• Haha 1

Banks. Greedy **** bastards. 

I shouldn't be annoyed, as it's how they make money, but jesus. 

I asked if they could take a loan I have at X and put it on top my other loan at Y, so I would only have one loan. The loan I'm adding is about 10% of my mortgage. The small loan has a 1.5% interest, the mortgage has 1.4%. So I though putting it all on the mortgage would both be practical and economically wise.

They said it was fine and gave me an offer. I read through it and firstly the monthly payment charge at £5 was upped 20% without them mentioning it.

Then I keep reading and they want a £300 loan creation fee to connect two loans that already exists. So not only will I pay them more by giving them a loan another bank holds, they demand £ 300 on top of it to 'create it'. 

While it would be nice to convert all into one loan, when I do the maths the costs of putting the loans together at cutrent interest levels doesn't make it beneficial for me financially until 2045, which by then it will already be paid down. 

I think I have to tell them thanks, but no thanks. Greedy pricks. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

I do hate how the TV adverts for the banks are always “we’re here for you when you need us”.

My brother wanted to consolidate a couple of loans into 1 to save some money, they didn’t want to know.

Fair enough they’re businesses that need to make some money, but don’t pretend you’re somehow saving the day and making peoples lives better/easier.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Wait until banks start charging for bank accounts. Its gonna happen. Just waiting for the first high street bank to blink first and do it. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wait until banks start charging for bank accounts. Its gonna happen. Just waiting for the first high street bank to blink first and do it. 

Happens in most of Europe. I pay for ATM withdrawals from my own bank!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It's not about blinking, is it, unless I'm mistaken it'd require legislative change.

Banks can offer paid for accounts, most banks have some kind of extortionate packaged accounts, but the 9th biggest largest banks are required to offer free basic current accounts. Most people aren't currently on the basic ones, but I imagine if banks started charging for the standard accounts, a lot of people would just switch. 

Additionally several banks, even now, are paying people £100+ to switch to using their current account. They're seen as decent loss leaders I think. 

Edited by Davkaus

Â