Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Dog was at the groomers, cat could be blamed. She hates the cat. He is the ideal fall guy. 

How come dogs can get haircuts but I can't?! I'm currently sporting the same hair style as an Afghan hound. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

How come dogs can get haircuts but I can't?! I'm currently sporting the same hair style as an Afghan hound. 

I know I am the same. Currently at a little under three quarters of a cm long. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oh no....it can't be......can it ? 

190440.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm getting pretty decent at cutting my own hair after having a few duds early on, and I've bought the clippers, mirror and scissors now. I think I'll keep on doing it. I'm at the point where it doesn't look like I've done it myself, and I can give it a quick tidy up every week to never get to that "I should get it cut soon" stage.

It's going to save me £300 a year not to mention the extra time from going and parking in town. I'm considering that to be one of the lockdown silver lining.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Away fans coming on a Villa site to chime  in with their opinions. Couldn't give a **** mate, otherwise I'd be on a generic football forum. 

I don't mind it sometimes, but obviously not in the immediate aftermath of a defeat, and not to eg smugly explain why something wasn't a penalty.

• Like 2

For the first time in months I took my morning run at around the start of school time.

They have 2 different gates, with staggered entrance times, all I'm sure with the best intentions of minimising contact within school grounds. What it actually does it result in hundreds of kids standing next to each other on both sides of the road for half a mile in each direction, with no social distancing, and making anyone who wants to avoid them walk in the road.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

For the first time in months I took my morning run at around the start of school time.

They have 2 different gates, with staggered entrance times, all I'm sure with the best intentions of minimising contact within school grounds. What it actually does it result in hundreds of kids standing next to each other on both sides of the road for half a mile in each direction, with no social distancing, and making anyone who wants to avoid them walk in the road.

Same at my children’s school. One entrance for the younger years opens slightly later... all the parents and kids huddled awaiting it to open and also blocking the path for others trying to get it the other gate.

Theres so many examples of these measures making things worse than before. Another is at kids football where they make each sides supporters/families watch from a small segregated area or from the car park. How is that safer than spreading out over the full length of the pitch???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

People arguing that Die Hard isn’t a Christmas film.

Also people who don’t remove the **** foil from the “butter” spread after opening it.

I am going to start doing this now. That will learn you. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Also people who don’t remove the **** foil from the “butter” spread after opening it.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This. I'm looking at you, Mrs M. 

Must be a Mrs thing, mine too. And in the case of my missus it doesn't even sit right with the rest of her character flaws of being overly germaphobic and wanting to throw out anything she hasn't used in the last two weeks (not talking about food here), she's the Anti-Hoarder, If the local tip did season tickets, she'd get me one!

Which brings me on to the new kettle (posted previously). She got rid of the old kettle (rescued by me for work) because it had a bit of colouration on the inside. The new kettle is see through so the same discolouration can now be seen on the bottom metal plate. She's now discovered clear vinegar is the way to clean this (it works!) but obviously it keeps coming back so now she does the vinegar thing every couple of weeks. She also refills the kettle everytime she uses it (and puts way too much water in) thus increasing the amount of discolouration. Steadfastly refuses to have the old out of sight out of mind kettle back

Â