Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

54 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I drove into a deer coming home from work in the early hours this morning, made a right mess of the front left corner of my car.  Probably going to cost me more than I've earnt this week as I'm only on 3 days' pay.  I **** hate driving.

Huh weird, this morning I saw what I think was a dead deer in on the side of the road while I was doing the school run. It only registered with me as it made a change from the dead badgers, pheasants, etc I normally see.
It made me wonder how much damage it would cause. 

Just bad luck, mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I drove into a deer coming home from work in the early hours this morning, made a right mess of the front left corner of my car.  Probably going to cost me more than I've earnt this week as I'm only on 3 days' pay.  I **** hate driving.

Had this happen about 10 years ago on Cannock Chase. They don’t half make a smack and almost totalled the car. The poor thing was still alive so managed to get it into the boot which took ages and took it to the vet but it died

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bad luck mate. 

Can't you claim on your insurance? Or is your excess high?

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I used to work in an Offy, we’d basically run that scam constantly. Because it works.

I was ordering food and went somewhere else, because that is just scummy as hell, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess!

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was ordering food and went somewhere else, because that is just scummy as hell, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess!

Very few of our customers were maths geniuses.

The other one, if stock dates were looming, a neon orange star with ‘offer!’ Or ‘look!’ Or ‘sale!’ Written on it. No discount, just a sticky star.

Also, pricing party cans (remember them?) higher than the equivalent number of standard cans.

Oh, and stock takes to make sure the shop lifting percentage didn’t drop, we were allowed something like 3  or 4% ‘shrinkage’ so we would stock take to make sure we’d hit 4%. Sometimes it was only 2% so you had to take stuff home.

It was a bit of an education working there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Very few of our customers were maths geniuses.

The other one, if stock dates were looming, a neon orange star with ‘offer!’ Or ‘look!’ Or ‘sale!’ Written on it. No discount, just a sticky star.

Also, pricing party cans (remember them?) higher than the equivalent number of standard cans.

Oh, and stock takes to make sure the shop lifting percentage didn’t drop, we were allowed something like 3  or 4% ‘shrinkage’ so we would stock take to make sure we’d hit 4%. Sometimes it was only 2% so you had to take stuff home.

It was a bit of an education working there.

Jesus when did you work there? 1972?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â