Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Doors banging becasue the windows are open.  I cannot tell you how unhappy it makes me.

Opening windows is easy,  thinking about the door's and the wind isnt.

Í **** hate it.

(I jump out my skin at loud (as in heart rate and adrenalin) noises for various reasons)

I've always hated balloons popping. 

• Like 2

My daughter's getting married next week. That's not what pisses me off (although the expense is eye-watering). It's the rest of my family. 

The bride and groom have set up a very good website, with everything anybody could possibly need to know - date, timetable, menus, parking arrangements, local hotels and taxi details, presents protocol, maps, phone numbers, you name it. They sent out the invitations by email AND physical post, both of which had the link to the website. 

And for weeks (it's still going on), Mrs M and I have been getting phone calls, emails and texts from various relatives asking us "What time does it start?", "How do I find the venue?", "Is there car parking?", "What do they want as presents?", etc., etc. 

FFS, read the invitation! IT'S ALL ON THE **** ING WEBSITE!!! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter's getting married next week. That's not what pisses me off (although the expense is eye-watering). It's the rest of my family. 

The bride and groom have set up a very good website, with everything anybody could possibly need to know - date, timetable, menus, parking arrangements, local hotels and taxi details, presents protocol, maps, phone numbers, you name it. They sent out the invitations by email AND physical post, both of which had the link to the website. 

And for weeks (it's still going on), Mrs M and I have been getting phone calls, emails and texts from various relatives asking us "What time does it start?", "How do I find the venue?", "Is there car parking?", "What do they want as presents?", etc., etc. 

Mike, hope the day goes well, that aside, **** them guys. If they dont have common sense let them miss it.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's almost like a considerable proportion of the human race are ... well, a bit thick!  Who knew? /nooffence

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's almost like a considerable proportion of the human race are ... well, a bit thick!  Who knew? /nooffence

None taken, I agree. When I say "our" family, I mean "her" family. The only relatives coming from my side are my cousin and his wife (both pushing 80), who have got it cracked. That said, some of my friends, who really should know better, have been among the offenders. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

Think about how thick the average person is.

And then remember half of the population is thicker than that.

Bit scary really.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

Scots who write their tweets in a Scottish accent.

That immediately made me imagine BOF writing stuff like "Ah, bejaysus, did yer not see yer man on the fookin' telly last noight?"  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â