Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Mowed half the grass before wasps assembled and drove me back indoors. Never noticed prior to this summer that when the grass gets cut wasps turn up. 

Yup. I'm guessing you're referring to what we call European wasps here. Nasty, aggressive little things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Mowed half the grass before wasps assembled and drove me back indoors. Never noticed prior to this summer that when the grass gets cut wasps turn up. 

Some wasps nest in the ground so you might have disturbed them with your Alan Titchmarshing.

1 hour ago, coda said:

Some wasps nest in the ground so you might have disturbed them with your Alan Titchmarshing.

Not the case thankfully. Just wasps from a garden away being clearings in the woods. 

This is more me being irritated on behalf of the kids - back to school adverts that have been running since last week or possibly before then.

(Cue that bit from “New World Symphony” playing in the background) - When I were lad it used to be the last week or two of the summer holiday that they started advertising school stuff which always ensured the final days were tinged with a slight sadness.

Now it’s seemingly all six weeks that they’re being made to face the inevitable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coda said:

Yeah I had that happen to me once. Merrily and serenely chugging up and down the back garden with my flymo and then all of a sudden a cloud of wasps erupted from the part of the lawn I'd just mown over.... I was like road runner, meep meeping back in to the house, shouting all manner of swears ?

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I accidentally strimmed a wasps nest once with a mate of mine.

We ran away.

Those things in a swarm could easily kill you. Good thinking to leg it.

19 hours ago, A'Villan said:

When just about to nod off and a mosquito comes buzzing around my face. If I want it gone I have to get out of bed, readjust my eyes to the light and hunt the bugger down.

Worst. Can't stand mosquitos.

Many is the time I have been dancing naked around the bedroom late at night thwacking everything that moves with my crop. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

I accidentally strimmed a wasps nest once with a mate of mine.

We ran away.

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

You didn't use a strimmer then ? ?

Good point @mottaloo, what were you doing with your mate @VILLAMARV, whirling him around your head at speed using his protruding teeth as a cutting edge? That's gotta smart. 

• Haha 2

Coral advert. 

One guy shouting "sports, golf tennis hockey, sports..."etc.I can deal with him.

The other guy that wiggles his foot and says "football" and "don't bet silly bet savvy". Duck off mate, you annoying twunt. 

Day return train ticket from my local station in Cardiff to Worcester tomorrow - £49.20. What the ****? How can that be justified? Increasing the rail company’s profit margin doesn’t count as a valid reason.

I’m going to drive and get a hotel instead. Will cost (only slightly) more but, out of principle, I’m not paying that amount for such a relatively short train journey.

• Like 3

Selfridges have become the first in the world to unveil its Christmas shop for those eagerly craving some festive winter cheer.

It comes four months ahead of the big day - and the shelves are already stocked with tinsel, glitter and baubles.

The shop will hit peak stock in September, when shoppers will be able to choose from nearly 4,000 items ranging from a £1.95 souvenir pencil to a selection of ornate neon signs selling for around £8,500. 

ITV

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Jeff Stelling.

I used to quite like Stelling, and even though that's changed over the years, Soccer Saturday just wouldn't be the same without him.  However, the whole portrayal of him these days as the Banter King of Middle Aged Men Who Like Sports, as well as most of the adverts for Super Six (which play on this caricature) really make me cringe.

• Like 1

Â