Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I used to quite like Stelling, and even though that's changed over the years, Soccer Saturday just wouldn't be the same without him.  However, the whole portrayal of him these days as the Banter King of Middle Aged Men Who Like Sports, as well as most of the adverts for Super Six (which play on this caricature) really make me cringe.

Exactly this. He's too self aware now and plays up to his reputation - same as Kammy.

30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

2 beers and a bottle of wine trying to shake off a hangover that feels like a 3 bottle hangover. Ridiculous. Cant understand it. 

Dehydration?

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

2 beers and a bottle of wine trying to shake off a hangover that feels like a 3 bottle hangover. Ridiculous. Cant understand it. 

If I drank two beers and a bottle of wine I'd be seriously poorly. 

Three bottles of wine? Couldn't imagine ever doing it. 

39 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Mixing drinks innit

The saying used to be... never mix the grape and the grain

• Like 1

Further to the dimwitted wedding guests...

My wife's sister is the main culprit, so I sent her a printed map with the venue and the nearest car park clearly marked on it. 

Mrs M phoned her just now to check she got it. 

"Is that OK, now? Know which car park to use?"

"Car park? I can't see any car park"

"It's there on the map. Where it says 'CAR PARK'"

"Oh, I'll have to have another look at it..." 

FFS, give me strength... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Community Shield on BT Sports. This should be on normal TV. I hate modern football so so much. 

I don't remember it ever being on normal TV, just Sky or BT.  May be wrong.

Edited by sharkyvilla

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Can’t remember if it was on normal tv, but I would think it was. I’m old enough to remember top division games being on normal tv. Sunday afternoons consisted of a live football game followed by bullseye. There used to be a few championship games on normal tv too at one point. Too much money in football now to worry about the fans. 

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There was a world with only 2 channels, I'm a three channel man personally (BBC 2 Started in 64 I think), distinctly remember the TV revolution of Ch4 starting

When we beat Norwich in the 1975 League Cup final, it wasn't even televised at all. I remember being in Birmingham and those that weren't at the game were getting any shop that sold Hi-Fi systems to test the radio facility. Record decks, nah, cassette decks, not interested, all about Radio that day...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can’t remember if it was on normal tv, but I would think it was. I’m old enough to remember top division games being on normal tv. Sunday afternoons consisted of a live football game followed by bullseye. There used to be a few championship games on normal tv too at one point. Too much money in football now to worry about the fans. 

Football used to be Sat 3pm, every game (with the very odd exception), live games? nah Match of the Day Saturday Night (BBC) and Sunday Soccer on ITV (ATV), both highlights shows. Even though ITV got the bum end of the deal we'd all watch it again because in those days, each local region had its own version and they used to concentrate on the local teams, so you'd see more of the action

As soon as they started showing live games, that was when the rot started to set in. Live games were the Cup FInal and the Charity Shield plus England Games

The earliest non cup, non international football I can remember being on live terrestrial telly was the Division 1 games they used to show on itv in the 90’s on a Sunday afternoon.

QPR coming back from 4-0 down to draw with Port Vale was probably the most memorable game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Football used to be Sat 3pm, every game (with the very odd exception), live games? nah Match of the Day Saturday Night (BBC) and Sunday Soccer on ITV (ATV), both highlights shows. Even though ITV got the bum end of the deal we'd all watch it again because in those days, each local region had its own version and they used to concentrate on the local teams, so you'd see more of the action

As soon as they started showing live games, that was when the rot started to set in. Live games were the Cup FInal and the Charity Shield plus England Games

I swear in the 89/90 season they had a live game on every Sunday. I was only 6/7 though, so maybe I'm wrong. 

Â