Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Which airline? BA let you cancel within 24 hours of booking, they're probably not the only ones.

Aer Lingus (via lasminute.com)

I'll probably just suck it up. Prices are going up rapidly given it's only next week so I'll probably end up paying the same amount if I cancel and rebook.

Stupid retarded woman at work, talking about fruit and says "you never see many vegetables which are single (not in packets) now-a-days do you?"

I say "well that's not very PC".

I WANTED APPLAUSE YOU VILE PIG. 

Got nothing.

I know it's not very kind, but I thought it was funny. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Speaking of Ireland, I just booked some flights for next week. They're expensive enough as it is, but as I was booking them, in a bit of a rush, I stupidly pressed "confirm" when a popup came up asking if I wanted to make the booking flexible (read: pay an extra £50 for nothing). 

I thought it was the button to confirm payment so I pressed it. It added and paid for it immediately.

**** sake.

doesn’t sound legal to show you an invoice, and then have a confirm button that adds extra on without then checking the price again.

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

doesn’t sound legal to show you an invoice, and then have a confirm button that adds extra on without then checking the price again.

It was something like "Make this booking flexible..." followed by a load of blurb, and the buttons were "No Thanks" and "Add and Confirm".

I clicked Add and Confirm and it immediately processed the payment.

It's my own fault really. I was doing it in a rush, and my brain only processed what was on the screen as I was clicking the button. Then it was too late.

On 26/07/2018 at 17:26, rodders0223 said:

The time when Barca women generate €700m revenues, you fly business class.

Y'see this I don't agree with.  Now first of all let me say I agree that it's preposterous to suggest women footballers should currently earn the same, because their game simply doesn't generate anything like the revenue to sustain that wage.  But, Barcelona football club, the entity, is massive and it is well within its means to give its players the same travel arrangements. What they've done there is unnecessarily insulting and degrading.  Earning power shouldn't come into where you sit on a plane if you are employed by Barcelona.

The other side of it is, people got on a plane and went somewhere. Who gives a shit in this entitled easily offended world. Was this sexism? An offence? Something to get upset about? No. It wasn’t. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Stupid retarded woman at work, talking about fruit and says "you never see many vegetables which are single (not in packets) now-a-days do you?"

Got nothing.

Is she single ? 

(Well you are on your own so that don't work)

Or

(Ask her nicely to Define "now-a-days",  is it a bit like "Happy Days"?)

ie, Pick the least obvious thing from her sentance and throw that back at her all the time,  for a laugh.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Also though. Wrapping up fruit and veg in plastic.

In the organic shop I used to work in years ago we were told we were breaking the rules by selling organic produce that wasn't individually plastic wrapped. Something about that's the answer to no cross contamination from the pesticide stuff on the shelves. They let us off because we didn't have anything non organic to contaminate it with but apparently it was against the rules.

My favourite story from that job was the day someone walked up to the counter with a swede in hand and asked the nice lady serving what the "stuff on the outside" was.

"well, it's mud" She replied

Looking puzzled the girl asked, "So should I wash that off before I cook it then?"

"Only if you don't want to eat a load of mud" :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Got nothing.

Apart from anything else she's talking absolute shit anyway. Tell her to go to a supermarket and go and look for some onions or potatos or broccoli or Bananas or Apples or actually anything at all. Never see any single vegetables in the PotNoodle aisle do you love. Etc.

Doggo and pupper becoming the default names for said animal on tinternet.  **** off.  It's not cute and you're a clearing in the woods.

11 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Also though. Wrapping up fruit and veg in plastic.

In the organic shop I used to work in years ago we were told we were breaking the rules by selling organic produce that wasn't individually plastic wrapped. Something about that's the answer to no cross contamination from the pesticide stuff on the shelves. They let us off because we didn't have anything non organic to contaminate it with but apparently it was against the rules.

What rules?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't say it's your fault. They know exactly what they're doing. e-commerce sites hire people to come up with these sleazy moves to try to get people to buy things they don't want or need to.

https://darkpatterns.org/

Booking car hire for my trip, they tried to offer some excess cover insurance but it looked very much looked like it was a no excess waiver. I didn’t fall for it and got my own excess insurance for a fraction but there was a women who turned up with 2 young children, thinking she was all paid for and covered and had no credit card. So had nothing to cover the excess pre authorisation so was left having to pay their €25 a day (10 days) she was arguing her case but I don’t know what the resolution was. I was in there long enough myself as despite having confirmation mine came up as cancelled when I went to pick up. At one point I didn’t think I was going to get one, got it sorted though in the end.

18 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Twas a woman from the local council with a clipboard. Yearly visit things they do.

Righto.

I wonder whether it was (UK) legislation, EU directive, a requirement of a specific organic certifier or something that someone had mistakenly supposed was a rule.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

is the right question!

A simple, "aren't you single though?" may have sufficed if so

"Hey, there's a coincidence - you're single, AND you're a vegetable!" 

28 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Righto.

I wonder whether it was (UK) legislation, EU directive, a requirement of a specific organic certifier or something that someone had mistakenly supposed was a rule.

It was a good 12-14 years ago. I have no idea where the directive comes/came from or if it's still enforced or she was being a jobsworth, but next time you are in the supermarket check out what organic stuff is not in a sealed bag or wrapper. The organic Broccoli will be shrink wrapped as will some non organic and there'll be some loose non organic broccoli. Organic Apples will be in a bag. Non organic loose and so on.

The basic science is surely sound. A person picking up 2 similar looking apples and comparing them could cross contaminate very easily. What if they put them back in the wrong box? how could the next consumer differentiate? And so on. Always made me chuckle that the idea to protect the organic stuff from the non-organic and not the other way around but I'm sure that is more to do with cost and volume than anything else.

We were very small time and had local organic farmers and growers that dropped stuff off to us loose in boxes - and like the swedes on the last page - often caked in good old organic mud and such. We hardly made a penny on the fruit and veg overall to be honest, considering the time and refrigeration costs and so on but it was a thing that our customers liked because of the fact they could buy a few potatos instead of a whole bag and so on.

• Like 1

Â