Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People still walking around in vests, shorts and flip flops despite it tipping down all morning and not being particularly warm. Mongs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

People who leave it late sending apologies for not coming on a night out.

Out for a mate’s birthday drink last night (which had been planned for several weeks) and two friends say they’re not coming via WhatsApp around 8:30pm, well into the evening, table booked at a restaurant etc.

What were the excuses? We always have one mate who pulls out at the last minute and the excuse is always something to do with his kid (kid is ill, Mom can't have the kid, kid has been abducted by aliens, etc)

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

People still walking around in vests, shorts and flip flops despite it tipping down all morning and not being particularly warm. Mongs. 

That'll be me then ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

What were the excuses? We always have one mate who pulls out at the last minute and the excuse is always something to do with his kid (kid is ill, Mom can't have the kid, kid has been abducted by aliens, etc)

No excuses given, just “apologies I’m not attending, have a good one”. Twice.

Neither of them have children.

I don’t mind them not attending, it’s leaving it so late that irritates.

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No excuses given, just “apologies I’m not attending, have a good one”. Twice.

Neither of them have children.

I don’t mind them not attending, it’s leaving it so late that irritates.

Yeah it is bad form.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Under the thumb blokes is defo one for this thread. 

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We have a shared Google calendar and a 'first come first served' guideline in our house, works quite well for us. 

and it's as simple as that

we're still on old school paper diary, but yeah

On 26/07/2018 at 22:31, Shropshire Lad said:

I was forced into watching one episode of love island (I was waiting for a lift from the person who insisted on watching it). My observations -

One bit had both the men and women, sat around taking it in turns to say which three members of the group they found most attractive. Just ranking them, in front of everyone, having been introduced to them about 20 minutes previously. No one politely declined.

All of the women are vapid. One or two of them are good looking, but that’s about it.

All of the men are vapid. Not one of the men has a chest hair between them.

It's a ridiculous show aimed primarily at morons. The best thing that could happen to Love Island would be for someone to fire a load of Scud missiles at the set.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Family calendar thingy on the kitchen wall for us , tends to be filed with “you snooze you lose” and other such wit on the dates one of us is going out

my daughter has kindly written “take Dad to the old folks home” on my birthday date next  month ... I’ll be 49 not 99 ffs .....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We did go for pen and paper, but then you either have to transcribe it in to individual copies, or realise you've forgotten what you have planned for the week and have to tell people you'll get back to them when you're making plans, which is a right pain in the arse. We both tried to make shared plans for the same night on more than one occasion too.

A synced up version on a phone is perfect.

On 28/07/2018 at 10:17, Robtaylor200 said:

My Chiropractor pisses me off. I have a frozen shoulder

He presses it as hard as he can with his finger and says does that hurt

Cause it fcking hurts. That's why I'm here

Your supposed to make it stop hurting. You clearing in the woods

8 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

£55 for 15 mins that pisses me off

If you cover the injured area with  urine from a camel with anxiety issues , then face the moon with chalk in your left hand and salt  in the right, you can achieve exactly the same results as your chiropractor for a fraction of the cost.

• Like 3

On 28/07/2018 at 14:47, chrisp65 said:

I've sort of let a friendship of many years wither, due to the pair of them having acquired a dog but appearing to think they've acquired a toddler. Quite bizarre sort of baby substitute behaviour I just found too creepy to put up with.

I have noticed exactly this in people who keep dogs and have no children.

They'll also be just a little bit too quick to tell you how wonderful their lives are. 

Edited by sidcow

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I do apologise, if I knew you were at Shirley Retail Park I would have put my jeans an waterproof coat on. 

Speaking if which when did the term cagoule go out of fashion? 

EDIT Darn it @mottaloo beat me to it! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

I’m in Ireland for a few days, in a lovely house rental with a sea view, 4 ensuite bedrooms and another bathroom. Weather isn’t great but that’s not a problem.

But...

Each and every shower in the place is a Triton! I’m not happy and my Mrs thinks i’m weird. 

• Haha 2

Speaking of Ireland, I just booked some flights for next week. They're expensive enough as it is, but as I was booking them, in a bit of a rush, I stupidly pressed "confirm" when a popup came up asking if I wanted to make the booking flexible (read: pay an extra £50 for nothing). 

I thought it was the button to confirm payment so I pressed it. It added and paid for it immediately.

**** sake.

Â