Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Farmers Market = Pay more for your veg because it’s covered in mud.

This winds me up as well.

Another point (maybe why we didn't make much profit lol) was that we could undercut the supermarkets on lots of things and still make our (rather high) mark up on stuff. Avocado's especially I seem to recall and Mango's from the imported stuff. Locally it was salad leaves and apples and things. And Kale - I had about a 300% mark up on that and was selling bags at about 30p instead of the £1 in the supermarket. And that's organic, much cheaper than non organic in the supermarkets btw.

Over here at the Farmers Markets the stuff is nice but they are paying pitch fees, transport costs, staff to serve, insurance etc etc so at least you know the extra is basically going into their little micro-economy somehow. It's not like you're paying less to line the pockets of some mega corporation somewhere.

With our little shop we had an outlet already geared up for all that and for them it saved them the time, cost and the hassle and they still made their pennies they would at their farm shop or going to markets.

Over here they are mostly full of guys in vans selling cheese I can buy anywhere, some guys knocking up some sort of hot food, a couple of honey stalls and pasties/pies/samosas and all that now. The whole farm to table bit (Which was surely the point of them) seems to have been lost somewhere along the way imo.

Oh and an artisan baker selling bread for about £4 a loaf. That seems to be the latest hipster addition.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Y'see this I don't agree with.  Now first of all let me say I agree that it's preposterous to suggest women footballers should currently earn the same, because their game simply doesn't generate anything like the revenue to sustain that wage.  But, Barcelona football club, the entity, is massive and it is well within its means to give its players the same travel arrangements. What they've done there is unnecessarily insulting and degrading.  Earning power shouldn't come into where you sit on a plane if you are employed by Barcelona.

I think the explanation was that the mens team were already booked in business class and he women's team were late additions and as such only economy was left

At our place, everyone flies cattle class now. If you are the CEO or a bank cashier. Can't have bankers going business class anymore! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Doggo and pupper becoming the default names for said animal on tinternet.  **** off.  It's not cute and you're a clearing in the woods.

Luckily my aversion to social media means I haven't seen or heard of this before. Good job as it would equally annoy me.

Like people who compare their dogs to kids. How absurd! Dogs are better! :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think the explanation was that the mens team were already booked in business class and he women's team were late additions and as such only economy was left

At our place, everyone flies cattle class now. If you are the CEO or a bank cashier. Can't have bankers going business class anymore! 

In that case it's more understandable, although still an unfortunate ... wait for it ... own goal.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Farmers Market = Pay more for your veg because it’s covered in mud.

A fool and their money...

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

In that case it's more understandable, although still an unfortunate ... wait for it ... own goal.

You could say, its a farce-lona!

3 hours ago, Xela said:

A fool and their money...

It's not as bad as calling something "streetfood" so you can charge 50% more for it......... And then no one even questions that its being served indoors. 

Double bubble put "dirty" in front of the name of the food and it's double the price. 

• Like 1

Clearings in the woods behind you on a plane banging the touchscreen so hard that it bounces your head off the headrest.

Then they get up to go to the toilet and grab the headrest with both hands letting it spring back and forth giving you whiplash. Selfish ignorant clearings in the woods. 

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Clearings in the woods behind you on a plane banging the touchscreen so hard that it bounces your head off the headrest.

Then they get up to go to the toilet and grab the headrest with both hands letting it spring back and forth giving you whiplash. Selfish ignorant clearings in the woods. 

I normally do that if the person in front is a 'chair back' rocket polisher.  Last time someone did it I did the on screen questionnaire about 10 times until they eventually put their seat back upright.

• Like 1

Popped in to Next (yeah, I know !) today for a work shirt. I'm a beefy lad so i wanted an 18" collar.........90% of shirts they do were slim fit (and a smaller collar size).

This slim/skinny fit craze is getting on my norks & I think that slim fit suits, with their poxy thin lapels look cheap and wouldn't last too long in the wear and tear stakes.

Looks like I'll be shopping for my shirt at jacamo then ?

awaits funny pic/gif of Mr Creosote courtesy of @Xela

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

Similar story, I went in to an M&S recently.

Now, I'm about 25 years younger than their demographic in that I haven't retired and died. I was the only customer in there that wasn't an old geezer with trousers around his nipples being told by his wife what collar size he was.

Every last **** shirt in that place was 'modern cut' 'slim fit' 'tailored'. When I asked where the just plain regular fit shirts were, I was told I had to order one on-line.

Look around you M&S, you sell skinny fit shirts in a shop that doesn't see a person under the age of 50 and you expect pensioners to shop on line. If you like, I could be a retail guru and charge you a million quid to explain why your business is slowly going down the toilet.

• Like 2

Funnily enough, I was only talking about this with the other half recently. M&S seem to have identified and absolutely nailed a market that doesn’t exist.

We popped in to get some stuff for the nipper last week and I had a quick browse of the menswear while I was waiting. Fair play, I’ve got a couple of pairs of chino shorts from there but most of the stuff was horrendous. The Autograph range is a joke; properly ugly clothes that would appeal to neither the older gent or the more fashion-conscious younger man. The fits on some of their basics are awful, too.

Like you, I said to my girlfriend that it seems rather obvious where they’re going wrong and it’s a pretty easy fix. I’m obviously in the wrong profession!

Edited by JB

7 hours ago, BillyShears said:

Asked where I might find the 30" waist troosers recently, only to be told that 30" waist is now 'outsize' at M&S.

How?! I'm 6'3, I have 34" waist. That's a normal size for someone my height. 

I mean it doesn't affect me as I don't shop there but they seem to be **** up a lot. 

10 hours ago, JB said:

Funnily enough, I was only talking about this with the other half recently. M&S seem to have identified and absolutely nailed a market that doesn’t exist.

We popped in to get some stuff for the nipper last week and I had a quick browse of the menswear while I was waiting. Fair play, I’ve got a couple of pairs of chino shorts from there but most of the stuff was horrendous. The Autograph range is a joke; properly ugly clothes that would appeal to neither the older gent or the more fashion-conscious younger man. The fits on some of their basics are awful, too.

Like you, I said to my girlfriend that it seems rather obvious where they’re going wrong and it’s a pretty easy fix. I’m obviously in the wrong profession!

Yeah I think they're trying to pitch themselves towards a younger market, but it will take a LOT of work to get there.

I'm 32 and would never wear anything other than a shirt for work from M&S. And that's not really a snobby, brand thing, it's just that as you say, most of their stuff is shit.

I imagine the younger generation wouldn't even go as far as a work shirt.

I'm surprised they haven't binned off their attempts at clothing, banking, miscellaneous housing tat and gone all in on M&S food, it's the only bit of their company that isn't shite.

12 hours ago, JB said:

The Autograph range is a joke; properly ugly clothes that would appeal to neither the older gent or the more fashion-conscious younger man.

clothes for Hipsters with beards then ?

Â