Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh don't get me wrong. My usual lunch was a fresh warm baked roll from the school canteen hollowed out and stuffed full of crisps. 

This left me with enough dinner money to go halves with someone on 10 Benson and Hedges which the old lady who ran the shop at the back of the school wouldn't hesitate to sell us whilst wearing our school uniforms. 

Different times. 

I was also partially quoting The Office. Brent was talking about the name of the black labrador in the Dambusters film (n****r) and said it’s ok as it was before racism was bad.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

You need to go to Tilt in City Arcade, Union Street.  Craft Ales and classic pinball machines, dozens of them. 

Don't know about the number 16 thing. 

The ones where you had to get the ball in numbered holes. There were certain cafes that would pay you out if you managed to clock up so many games. The number 16 was the hardest number to land in because of it's position. If you got five numbers in a line you hit the jackpot. All them cafes, in the 70s, had them.

I’m sure this will have been done before in some form but sainsbury local, stop being stupid. All I want it one packet of chocolate hobnobs. I am not going to download and install your app just to get in your shop. Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’m sure this will have been done before in some form but sainsbury local, stop being stupid. All I want it one packet of chocolate hobnobs. I am not going to download and install your app just to get in your shop. Absolute nonsense. 

Yeah, member pricing can **** right off. They’re all at it now. 2 tier prices, and it’ll be the elderly and those not tech savvy that will suffer the most.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, member pricing can **** right off. They’re all at it now. 2 tier prices, and it’ll be the elderly and those not tech savvy that will suffer the most.

It’s not even member pricing, it’s member access. I get that it’s the operating model for Amazon fresh but if high st supermarkets aren’t even going to let you in the store without downloading the app, I can’t imagine how much business they’re going to lose. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

It’s not even member pricing, it’s member access. I get that it’s the operating model for Amazon fresh but if high st supermarkets aren’t even going to let you in the store without downloading the app, I can’t imagine how much business they’re going to lose. 

You have to have the crappy Nectar app to get inside? They can fook right off. I don't want to buy their overpriced shite.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I remember moaning about the pricing on another site when Tesco started their clubcard pricing bullshit. What used to be the standard special offers stayed the same price, but now locked behind data harvesting. Had a bunch of forelock tugging idiots telling me if I didn't like it, I should just shop elsewhere. Well guess what, now every major shop is doing it. 

It's optional, but it's anti-consumer from what's basically a cartel, I'd favour legislation against it.

I never go to those extortionate inconvenience stores but I'm surprised they're taking it to that next level and locking people out instead of price gouging them. I wonder if it's a shoplifting deterrent.

Edited by Davkaus

A while back I went to Morrisons to just get 1 very specific thing, I can’t remember what it was. Get there, it’s on the shelf but it has one of those the price is x, but the morrisons more card member price is y. 

It probably only saved me about 50p but I felt like I had to download the app right there just so I could scan the qr code at the till to get the better price. I’m annoyed at myself for getting involved.

Warm-ish weather appears and my car AC is bolloxed.

AC guy coming to sort it Monday.

On 24/04/2024 at 14:14, tonyh29 said:

sadly with the nature of a lot of my work , I can actually read the product code data on the back and tell which factory and production line number it came from 

you'd think people at parties would be amazed and spellbound by such a feat , but when I'm at parties and people ask me what I do for a living  ,for some unfathomable reason everyone picks that moment to be the perfect time to take up smoking and go outside in the pouring rain 

Well, I for one, Tony, find it genuinely astounding...

...that you get invited to parties😝

• Haha 2

Our closest supermarket is a Sainsbury.

The last time I went in there, was pre covid. For all I know they’ve had entry by app for 4 years.

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Try charging an EV , the amount of apps you need to cover all providers is staggering,  pre pay with some, with £20 taken as you register.

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Warm-ish weather appears and my car AC is bolloxed.

AC guy coming to sort it Monday.

You still got that Rover, or have you upgraded to a (insert random other brand)?

I had an x-type years ago, they had a bad reputation but I loved it. The air-con was absolutely immense. By far the best I’ve ever known in a car.

8 hours ago, Anthony said:

You still got that Rover, or have you upgraded to a (insert random other brand)?

Yeah still got the Rover 😎

Â