Jed Steer

samjp26

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Did well in the 90 minutes I thought but some of those pens were nowwhere near the corner but its hard to blame the keeper. 

He had moved to one side of the goal before they had taken them and then dived after the ball had gone in, It was embarrassing

Edited by WHY

Just didn't read them. Chelsea standard of taking bit higher than the West Brom players a few years back.

If he starts in FA cup you suspect Martinez will certainly be on the bench in future so that will be one lesson for the manager perhaps.

Edited by VillaChris

Maybe what I said was too harsh and deserved some context. His penalty goalkeeping was horrendous, but he did have a good game and as a poster says above played a part in getting us that far.

I’m totally fine with him as a backup but wouldn’t be against Martinez also starting every cup game. Is the logic that was don’t want our keepers rusty in case number 1 ever gets injured? Or just to give them a chance to play and keep them happy? Surely Steer would be happy as a backup not playing unless called upon…

He is what he is, a league 1 level gk. To expect him to be anything else at this stage of his career is bonkers. We were definitely after a new back up in the summer but for some reason it did not come off. We just need to hope that Emi stays fit.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Am I being too harsh, or could he have come for the cross they scored from? Werner was pretty much standing on the 6-yard line.

Yeah, said in the match thread he's started to come for it, changes his mind halfway there, tries to back up and just strands himself. Much like the backpass he could've dealt with the other week, can't be caught in two minds, either go or don't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Yeah, said in the match thread he's started to come for it, changes his mind halfway there, tries to back up and just strands himself. Much like the backpass he could've dealt with the other week, can't be caught in two minds, either go or don't.

Yes, that's exactly how I saw it too.

Â