Jed Steer

samjp26

I am happy to have Jed as our back up keeper as long as he is happy to be so. I will always be grateful for his efforts coming in for the ten game winning streak, the play offs and ultimately the clubs promotion back to the PL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

I am happy to have Jed as our back up keeper as long as he is happy to be so. I will always be grateful for his efforts coming in for the ten game winning streak, the play offs and ultimately the clubs promotion back to the PL.

I would be but he is so injury prone we at least need solid 3rd choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I would be but he is so injury prone we at least need solid 3rd choice. 

I agree he has had a couple of bad injuries with his achilles and calf injury keeping him out long term, so I can see your point. I guess a lot would depend on whether the club think he is over those injuries and whether one of the youth team goalkeepers would be ready to step up for a few games if required. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Hearing he’s made a couple of mistakes in the friendlies? 
I do worry about him as our number 2, still feel we need an experienced head brought in 

It was a bit wierd really, just silly mistakes that a pro shouldn't be making, I really was thinking that he deserved a chance as a  no2 and he still has a few games to stamp his name on it but needs his concentration levels upping. It's. Friendly, players aren't yet on it.

• 2 weeks later...

25 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Just need to take a rest in this therad for a while, it is much better for my mental health to be in this thread than the Grealish one.

So Jed, yeah good back up keeper, good pro.

Yes, I ran off to the Bailey thread, but weird shit started there so now I’m here with Jed

• 3 weeks later...

Had to seriously dig for this thread!

Bit wobbly at times but clean sheet, made a good save and looks like he can make insane artwork in the foam of an oat milk latte while discussing the benefits of hemp.

He’ll always be a Villa hero to me for his WBA penalty antics and I’m happy to have him as a solid-enough number 2. 

• Like 1

Not for me....always appreciate the good things he's done for the club but I'd like to see a better keeper come in. I think his positioning and decision making leave a lot to be desired. Good shot stopper but I think we can do better now and It worries me having him as back up, especially if he ends up covering emi in the PL games at any point. No room for sentiment.

• Like 2

I thought his distribution was really good last night, most balls sent out to our left flank landed straight on El Ghazi. I’d never begrudge Jed if he wanted to leave for more football but I don’t see us getting any better backup keeper. Top pro, good keeper, cheers Paul Lambert. 

• Like 1

Â