Jed Steer

samjp26

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

won't have a problem getting a contract on a free at a championship club imo. Can't believe its been 10 years though! at 30 he still has many years left in him

Unfortunately I think his injury problems might prove to be an issue. He’s undoubtedly good enough for that level but it would be a risk for a club to take him when they’re not sure if he’s going to be fit or not

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

It's lovely to see him being honoured like this.* 

He has been with us through a period of intense change for the club: Joined when we had just finished 15th in the League: part of the club under Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo, Bruce, Smith and Gerrard; loaned out five times; but part of the first team in the most significant season of recent times. 

Thanks, Jed.

* Sh*t trophy, though: Villa must have an account with Timsons or something. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It's lovely to see him being honoured like this.* 

He has been with us through a period of intense change for the club: Joined when we had just finished 15th in the League: part of the club under Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo, Bruce, Smith and Gerrard; loaned out five times; but part of the first team in the most significant season of recent times. 

Thanks, Jed.

* Sh*t trophy, though: Villa must have an account with Timsons or something. 

You missed out Eric Black!

• Haha 1

Amazing to think he only played 36 games for us in a decade, but what will give fond memories is that 16 of those were in the Championship promotion year, madness.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing to think he only played 36 games for us in a decade, but what will give fond memories is that 16 of those were in the Championship promotion year, madness.

Such a wonderful interview ❤️

Wishing him the best. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Taught Martinez how to save penalties.

The play-off semi saves were incredible. 

However, I remember the draw against Chelsea in the cup that went to penalties after Archer scored. 

Steer's dives were so slow the ball had hit the net and been collected before he landed. It was so strange, like he was buffering or something.

• Like 1

Will always be remembered for the Championship play-offs and the part he played.  I hope he gets picked up by another team, really quickly and gets to play a lot.  Fantastic servant to the club, I wish him well. 

20 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Such a wonderful interview ❤️

Wishing him the best. 

Really enjoyed that. He seems like such a top bloke. After the struggles he’s had with injury it’s great that he’ll have that unbeaten run and play-offs to look back on, he played a big part in that success. 

Good look Jed. 

Definitely a cult hero for what he did in the play offs.

But the club legend claims is laughable.

I don't know if it's meant as a semi joke or if people are genuinely serious about it.

Regardless thank you for everything Jed. Great lad and good luck!

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Definitely a cult hero for what he did in the play offs.

But the club legend claims is laughable.

I don't know if it's meant as a semi joke or if people are genuinely serious about it.

Regardless thank you for everything Jed. Great lad and good luck!

It is, does show how rare getting 10 years is though even if he wasn't even here for most of it, that's more the point with what the club is doing

Trying to think who else we've had with 10 years as a pro for us, no one since gabby is there?

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trying to think who else we've had with 10 years as a pro for us, no one since gabby is there?

And he wasn’t very professional for half of those. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It is, does show how rare getting 10 years is though even if he wasn't even here for most of it, that's more the point with what the club is doing

Gabby isn't a club legend either imo.

Â