Christian Benteke

Kwan

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Benteke comes here it's because Dean Smith can see he has the desire to get his form back - I know there's been injuries but there was with Mings - so IF he comes back, I'm all for it - let alone the history we have with him. Also, can't be any worse than Davis, and we need bodies. 

There's a real lack of strikers with premier league goalscoring experience available to us, too. If we can get him on the relative cheap and then sign a player with potential from abroad (Kadewere, for example) - that'd do me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's a real lack of strikers with premier league goalscoring experience available to us, too. If we can get him on the relative cheap and then sign a player with potential from abroad (Kadewere, for example) - that'd do me. 

So hope Benteke rediscovers his mojo and Palace would absolutely rip us off, Hodgson has already said no desire to lose him which is code for anyone wants him is going to pay overs. Potential is player from French 2nd division. That would make me very worried

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

It would lift fans for the first 5 minutes of his first game. Then once it becomes obvious that he’s no longer the same player he was/limps off, we will all fall into a deep depression and lament our sentimentality. We will then berate the club for not seeing it as sentimentality and not signing a decent, fit striker instead. 

This is so true 😂

But I still want it to happen just for that 5 minute lift in his first game.

• Like 2

Coonor Wickham is about to leave Palace to go on loan for the season to Sheffield Wednesday.

Guess they might still be OK with Benteke leaving since they have Ayew, and Tosun 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Coonor Wickham is about to leave Palace to go on loan for the season to Sheffield Wednesday.

Guess they might still be OK with Benteke leaving since they have Ayew, and Tosun 

Benteke definitely not leaving now. Phew!

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/news/roy-hodgson-hint-benteke-tosun-17549075

"I 

don’t think bringing a new player into the club as centre-forward should mean it is definitely the end of the road for another player. Of course they can play together. Of course one can play and one can sit on the bench.

There might come a time what I will do without them all, because they are all injured. I know that can happen, because we have had ten senior players unavailable."

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So hope Benteke rediscovers his mojo and Palace would absolutely rip us off, Hodgson has already said no desire to lose him which is code for anyone wants him is going to pay overs. Potential is player from French 2nd division. That would make me very worried

Beggars can't be choosers mate. I'm sure we're aiming as high as possible but the competition is fierce and the players we want have plenty of options, many better than a relegation scrap. Giroud and Piatek would be first choice two, but if we can't get them we have to go down the list until we find someone. We have the added pressure of time, too. 

31 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/news/roy-hodgson-hint-benteke-tosun-17549075

"I 

don’t think bringing a new player into the club as centre-forward should mean it is definitely the end of the road for another player. Of course they can play together. Of course one can play and one can sit on the bench.

There might come a time what I will do without them all, because they are all injured. I know that can happen, because we have had ten senior players unavailable."

My prayers have been answered.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

It would lift fans for the first 5 minutes of his first game. Then once it becomes obvious that he’s no longer the same player he was/limps off, we will all fall into a deep depression and lament our sentimentality. We will then berate the club for not seeing it as sentimentality and not signing a decent, fit striker instead. 

We would be like that with Messi if he didn’t score a hattrick in the first five minutes to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We would be like that with Messi if he didn’t score a hattrick in the first five minutes to be fair.

He’s true world class, he’s get until halftime! Then again he could have a hattrick by then. 

12 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Hodgson was super vague about it. All he said was that he was improving and hopefully he won't be out for too long.

I thought he'd be out with Tosun coming in but seems Connor Wickham is going out instead which makes sense.

Enough with the `bring him home'. We were only a stepping stone for him as he stated before he even joined. Little did he know, his best years were on the stepping stone.

He is past it now. We need a goalscorer - he ain't it. Move on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

"I 

Thank ****!!

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s earning north of £100k at Palace. No way would we match that, and cant see Palace doing us a favour and giving him to us on loan and paying a %

Again I find it bemusing that Palace gave him another year on his contract not long ago that commits them to paying him another £5-6m.  It only makes sense to me if they did it to sell him pretty quickly for a fee rather than let him leave on a free transfer.

Â