Christian Benteke

Kwan

Don't want him back. He did a job for us and was a great player here, but made no secret of the fact he wanted to get out pretty much ASAP. Jokes on him, I think we had his best years. Finished now. Could do a job in a more minor European league, eg Holland or Belgium. 

• Like 2

Benteke was damaged goods by the time he rocked up to Liverpool. He simply never recovered from his Achilles injury. Yes he scored a decent amount under Sherwood but that's because Sherwood set the side up to play for Benteke. Ultimately after that injury he lost a yard of pace and was far less dynamic.

Prior to the injury he was on the path to becoming one of the top strikers in Europe. Anyway, can't blame him for moving to Liverpool.

• Like 4

He wouldn’t be on my list of strikers to get in, however if he comes at a decent price...along with another young and hungry striker It could be a master stroke... I have no idea what kinda price he would come for but anything around the 5m mark Give him the 20 shirt....and I think it could be worth a gamble, the spark he needs to end his career on a high. But it’s just that... a gamble! Buts it’s not my money so **** it let’s get him.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You say jokes like him, like he wasn't completely justified in wanting to go to bigger and better things. He took the league by storm, he was a top premier league striker and he had to fight relegation under Paul Lambert for 3 years. Of course he would want out. 

It didn't work out for him but our demise after he left certainly doesn't mean the joke was on him. It's taken us years and he's still at a better team than us.

I mean if in hindsight he knew his best years would have been spent playing Lambert's DrudgeBall he never would have come here. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Benteke was damaged goods by the time he rocked up to Liverpool. He simply never recovered from his Achilles injury. Yes he scored a decent amount under Sherwood but that's because Sherwood set the side up to play for Benteke. Ultimately after that injury he lost a yard of pace and was far less dynamic.

Prior to the injury he was on the path to becoming one of the top strikers in Europe. Anyway, can't blame him for moving to Liverpool.

He scored 10 in 1,700 minutes for Liverpool. That's about 19 games worth of minutes.

He scored 15 for Palace the season he left, which I'm guessing helped keep them up.

He was doing well. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He scored 10 in 1,700 minutes for Liverpool> That's about 19 games worth of minutes.

He scored 15 for Palace the season he left, which I'm guessing helped keep them up. He was doing well. 

Yep he did but still wasn't the same player after the injury.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep he did but still wasn't the same player after the injury.

In 2016/17 he won 9 (NINE) headers per 90 for Palace. 7 man of the match awards on whoscored, for whatever that's worth. I seem to remember him being good and i follow palace fans who loved him, but we were in the Championship at the time tbf.

Â