Christian Benteke

Kwan

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Everyone that wants him should watch this. Brutal. No longer the imposing presence of old. There's Palace chance around 6m mark and he is stationary behind 3 Newcastle defenders. Just ball watching

He ballwatched plenty at his best. And he was always offside. Still loved him though :)

1 hour ago, av1 said:

4 - Has shit shit shot saved. 

It's was palace's only shot on goal and it was well parried back to him, he then  passes it back into the danger area. He may no be Drogba but hes far from past it judging from that Newcastle video. He's far better than Kodjia. 

• Like 1

Let’s face it, if Benteke was any good these days, no way would Hodgson be contemplating letting him go. 

Hodgson is no fool, he’s experienced enough to know a good striker when he sees one, and he desperately needs more goals at Palace. 

This is all just a lot of romantic nonsense in my view.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Let’s face it, if Benteke was any good these days, no way would Hodgson be contemplating letting him go. 

Hodgson is no fool, he’s experienced enough to know a good striker when he sees one, and he desperately needs more goals at Palace. 

This is all just a lot of romantic nonsense in my view.

Romantic nourishment for some?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm a non-relegationist

I'm not sure who is available that Villa could get that would keep them from being relegated if they're going to be relegated. What's keeping this team up isn't the striker option(s) we land in January. It's going to be the team improving overall. Front, back and middle.

• Like 1

Non-blinkered neutral view of laughable idea of Benteke to Spurs

"While Benteke has attributes, Spurs need someone to come in and hit the ground running. They can’t afford to have someone taking time to settle in, nor can they have someone woefully out of form like Benteke is."

https://tbrfootball.com/tbr-view-spurs-should-absolutely-say-no-to-christian-benteke/

Spurs fans reaction tweets

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-fans-react-as-club-are-reportedly-offered-crystal-palaces-christian-benteke/

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He was always better in the second half of the season. :ph34r:

I wouldn’t be against him coming back as it would lift both fans and the player. We would also need another striker coming in too though. 

2 and 1 previous 2 seasons?

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I wouldn’t be against him coming back as it would lift both fans and the player. We would also need another striker coming in too though. 

It would lift fans for the first 5 minutes of his first game. Then once it becomes obvious that he’s no longer the same player he was/limps off, we will all fall into a deep depression and lament our sentimentality. We will then berate the club for not seeing it as sentimentality and not signing a decent, fit striker instead. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

How would it lift the players? They would probably be thinking, if this useless twonk is the answer we are doomed. 
And the fans? For the first minute when he steps out of the tunnel maybe until they see him try and play football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

How would it lift the players? They would probably be thinking, if this useless twonk is the answer we are doomed. 
And the fans? For the first minute when he steps out of the tunnel maybe until they see him try and play football.

I misread that first. He means just Benteke

If Benteke comes here it's because Dean Smith can see he has the desire to get his form back - I know there's been injuries but there was with Mings - so IF he comes back, I'm all for it - let alone the history we have with him. Also, can't be any worse than Davis, and we need bodies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Oh man, seeing him in that kit is making me feel some type of way. We should still sign 2 other strikers, but bring the big guy home ffs 😭

Who is he making the blow job sign at? 

Â