Christian Benteke

Kwan

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I know some say it wouldn't be the same as 1st time around and he's no longer the same player (17 PL goals last season??)

But I can't imagine a signing that would get the fan base as excited as CB coming back. He enjoyed his time here, smashed in loads of goals and I think he would tear the Championship apart. It's a win win IMO. Loan him with an agreement to buy him if we get promoted. If we don't he goes back.

At his best Benteke is an asset but he was a total disgrace yesterday and cost Palace 2 pts. No goals since May I think I wouldn't want him back because you don't know which Benteke will turn up. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

At his best Benteke is an asset but he was a total disgrace yesterday and cost Palace 2 pts. No goals since May I think I wouldn't want him back because you don't know which Benteke will turn up. 

A bit OTT, he'd murder this division. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, andym said:

Yep, the top scorer in the Championship is Leon Clarke ffs, with the likes of Vydra, Gary Hooper etc all in double figures. Adomah has 10 goals from a wide position. 

Benteke would score goals for fun.

IF he was motivated. I’m not sure he would be now that he’s had his big move (and it didn’t work out).

Jim know it won't happen but if we got benteke I think we get promoted. He is the difference and the fans would flood villa park with a marquee loan signing like tekkers

cant see many clubs wanting him...

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andym said:

Yep, the top scorer in the Championship is Leon Clarke ffs, with the likes of Vydra, Gary Hooper etc all in double figures. Adomah has 10 goals from a wide position. 

Benteke would score goals for fun.

Cameron Jerome a regular highscorer too

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Nah I disagree. As @Dr_Pangloss says he'd tear this league a new one. If he came jan 1st I would back him to get 15 goals.

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Naughty boy took a penalty he wasn't meant and missed! Costing crystal palace the 3 points......

Do you remember that year when Angel missed two penalties against Fulham? That was x10 worse than what tekkers did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No thank you. The championship might just be his level to maybe rediscover himself again.

No way. Get him playing right and he's a 1 in 2 PL striker. This is his first poor season in English football (he scored 17 last year in a crappy CP team.)

If he does leave the PL there will be clubs from all over Europe after him - Championship my arse :D

• Like 2

Â