Christian Benteke

Kwan

rumours of £140k a week wages!

That would seem about fair I'd have thought. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Delph is on about the same. That's the going rate.

Indeed , its good to see FFP at work allowing those clubs with high turnovers to snatch any player they want from the rest of us and stick them on wages double what we can realistically offer.

Fair Play ..is it bollox.

lol at people not being gutted because "hes not one of ours". people need to realise 99.99999% of footballer will not be one of yours. you should be gutted because hes the best striker we will likely see in the next 10 years probably. we struck gold with him

deserves so much applause when he comes back to VP for keeping us up for 3 years. Legend in my eyes tbh

Yeah, he's not a legend at all in my eyes. He's a footballer who's done his job.

You're too young to actually know of any villa players who were "one of ours", they do exist, some players you make a connection with.  To 'lol' at people who know what that's like comes across as a bit elitist really. I agree with them, Benteke couldnt give a shit about Villa and wanted out the minute he got here.... legend? no **** chance. 

• Like 3

Thanks for all your efforts Christian. Easily the best player I've seen at Villa in my time supporting the club. I hope you score plenty of goals but lose every week and move onto a proper team challenging for honours this time next year. No doubt in my mind that Liverpool is a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

• Like 2

Still curious how Liverpool could afford this. I'm sure all of those media outlets report that Liverpool don't spend anything. Don't they pick up young, hungry, unknowns for next to nothing and turn them into stars? :P

Good luck CB. I hope you get a hat trick in every game, but lose them all 4-3.

Nice of him to say bye to us like that as well. Too good and too classy for Liverpool. Make sure your home has decent burglar protection.

• Like 1

Agree with that. I hope he becomes a genuinely world class player and wins a few Champions Leagues etc. I just hope he doesn't do it with Liverpool.

I'd hope he gets a big applause on his return to Villa Park.

Their f*ckwit supporters don't deserve him.

Best player since Yorke, I think. I'll miss him. It's a shame he's gone to Liverpool and I mean this with no disrespect, but they're a level below the so called top 4 in England. He could thrive at Chelsea, Manchester United or even Man City.

It doesn't seem the right fit for him, but if he's goods enough to score goals for a substandard Villa he'll score bucket loads at Liverpool.

I'll applaud him when he comes back, but I do hate Liverpool.

Thanks for keeping us up Christian.

Good luck you deserve a chance to get decent service, I just feel there's so much disrespect within the Liverpool fan base that you deserve better than them.

Going on about getting Higuain, Lacazette and Reus shows how deluded they are.

Edited by jasoncb

lol at people not being gutted because "hes not one of ours". people need to realise 99.99999% of footballer will not be one of yours. you should be gutted because hes the best striker we will likely see in the next 10 years probably. we struck gold with him

deserves so much applause when he comes back to VP for keeping us up for 3 years. Legend in my eyes tbh

Yeah, he's not a legend at all in my eyes. He's a footballer who's done his job.

You're too young to actually know of any villa players who were "one of ours", they do exist, some players you make a connection with.  To 'lol' at people who know what that's like comes across as a bit elitist really. I agree with them, Benteke couldnt give a shit about Villa and wanted out the minute he got here.... legend? no **** chance. 

i cannot remember making that post. woops. my bad

• Like 1

Â