Christian Benteke

Kwan

**** gutted. If there was one team in the world I wished he didn't join, it would be them. Doesn't feel right that it's ended this way. You're better than them, big man. Way better.

• Like 4

I never understand the "Wish him luck" bollocks. He's no longer apart of Aston Villa, I dont give a **** what he does for any club after us. In I hope he does poorly obviously as he playing for another team we are competing against.

No bitterness here, but good luck? really? **** no.

Because some people have empathy. And some people are able to see them as human beings. He seems like a nice guy, he did great for us and he's a talented footballer - so I hope he does well...just obviously not against us. The same as I hope Ian Taylor's headphones business goes well - he's a good bloke and I hope he's successful.

And let's be honest, unless they're on the same pitch as us, we're not really 'competing against' Liverpool.

I thought I was alright with idea, it was a decent deal for everyone, though Benteke could have held out for better I reckon. But actually seeing him in the shirt makes me feel queasy. Still, let's hope the signings roll in and we can forget all about him.

Seriously could do better than Liverpool. shocked Arsenal never came in for him, would have been perfect for them

He's better than Giroud, I guess Arsenal just don't happen to think he's £32.5m better. 

Glad it's over. Very sad to see him go but he was never going to stay with us longer term. With hindsight the release clause was probably the smartest bit of business we did for years as we pretty much got full value for him. The challenge for us is to spend that money wisely and fill the key gaps in the squad.

Sorry he is going to Liverpool. I give him two seasons maximum and he will want a move to a bigger club and that is even if Liverpool win things. Rodgers will be gone by this time next year anyway as given the amount of money he has spunked on players (yet again!) unless he has serious success so it will be all change again.

No hard feelings towards him because they're still a step up from us but I really do despise Liverpool so it hurts a bit seeing him go there. And obviously he was so good that it feels pretty bad knowing that we likely won't see another striker that good at Villa for a very long time regardless of how well we do in future.

Sad to see him go, deserved to go to a better club. That said I wish him the best, quality player, pleasure to watch in a villa shirt.

Irony is my fav tekkers goal is the one vs Liverpool, 2 seasons ago running at their back 4 and scaring the crap out of Skrtel.

Best of luck Christian. Imo you have been the best player I have seen in Claret and blue in my 30 years as a fan. Although maybe not as likeable or loveable as McGrath, Melberg, Laurson, Yorke or even Carew, I believe you have the potential to be one of the elite strikers in years to come. I keep hearing about Liverpools style of play not suiting you (no crosses into the box) but the goals I remember you most for are Vs Wba, Man U, QPR etc. all your own work- they don't know how lucky they are to have you!

Like most fans I'd have preferred you to have moved to a champions league club preferably abroad but who's to say you cannot get there with plop next season.

Thanks for the memories, I hope that you look back at your time with us fondly.

He was great for us and deserves a move, although I wish he would have gone somewhere else.

I hate to say it but with the signings Liverpool are making they look a very strong team.

I never understand the "Wish him luck" bollocks. He's no longer apart of Aston Villa, I dont give a **** what he does for any club after us. In I hope he does poorly obviously as he playing for another team we are competing against.

No bitterness here, but good luck? really? **** no.

Because some people have empathy. And some people are able to see them as human beings. He seems like a nice guy, he did great for us and he's a talented footballer - so I hope he does well...just obviously not against us. The same as I hope Ian Taylor's headphones business goes well - he's a good bloke and I hope he's successful.

And let's be honest, unless they're on the same pitch as us, we're not really 'competing against' Liverpool.

Nonsense. He's not my friend. He was employed by something very important to me and did his job very well. That's as far as it goes. Ian Taylor supports the same club we do so its totally different. DId you wish Dwight Yorke luck and best wishes when he left? Or Downing? Or Ashley Young?

Also, he's gone to the club I hate the most. I would not only enjoy it if he flops badly, I dearly hope he does.

• Like 2

Â