Christian Benteke

Kwan

Saw the bbc running an article today can Benteke play the Liverpool way ..what the **** is the Liverpool way

Carragher is likely upset as like most liverpool fans they were under the impression that the likes or Rues and Benzema should be dying to join them..

• Like 2

Saw the bbc running an article today can Benteke play the Liverpool way ..what the **** is the Liverpool way

Carragher is likely upset as like most liverpool fans they were under the impression that the likes or Rues and Benzema should be dying to join them..

Its nearly as technical as the west ham way!

Jamie Carragher whinging about Benteke already...word removed

What's he saying?

That Benteke is too slow to play the precision pass game that Liverpool have dominated the league with as of late

Jamie Carragher whinging about Benteke already...word removed

What's he saying?

That Benteke is too slow to play the precision pass game that Liverpool have dominated the league with as of late
What a clueless bellend.

I don't know how, but I want to wish Benteke the best of luck, but also hope that he fails spectacularly so that Liverpool have spent £32.5m on a dud, instead of our best player for years.

Reus is in a hotel in liverpool according to omariqy

Gutted.

I knew he'd be going, but now that it's happened it's horrible.

I'm also not enjoying the conflict of wanting him to do well and fail simultaneously. HAd he gone to a different club I'd have enjoyed his success. But with them, I hope it doesn't come.

Dunno why everyone's so hung up about liverplop taking him, I hate them as much as anyone (probably my most hated team) but at the end of the day they're the only team who were even interested in him.  None of the big 4 were showing any interest at that price, and I'm sure he'd have preferred to have gone to a champions league club if they were in for him.

Am I the only one who's upbeat about this, I thank Benteke for keeping us up...but I'm a little glad the shackles are off and we've freed up funds that can improve our team to bring goals from the rest of the park and not just be a one man wonder.  We couldn't go on like that, because he couldn't save us every season.  We really needed to sell to move on.

My only sinking feeling is that we don't get all the money back to re-invest, or just adequate investment overall.  I don't think we need to replace him like for like at all, we can recoup 20+ goals a season easily shared between a few other players in the team and finish the season in a stronger position than last.  And my other feeling is just how late it is, and if we'll struggle to get the players in that we need....could have done with this money sooner.

Better get used to it, this is going to be the way it's going (to have) to be for the next few years. Buying up young talent like Amavi and moving them on for a profit a year or two later, and on to the next one, until we are more competetive.

The King is dead. Long live the King

• Like 1

Meh... he could do much better then liverpool... I am sad he left Villa but i am happy as well for him. Lets hope that Villa spends the money wisely. I will remain on this forum. I don't like the liverpool supporters. I don't like their misplaced arrogance.

• Like 2

Or Spurs fans like good football...like no other teams fans do.

We'll have a new hero in a few weeks.

Benteke cost us 7m, imagine how good our next striker will be if we spend 10m?!

This is exciting times I think.

He was good for us obviously, to score 1 in 2 at this club over the last 3 years is very impressive, but he was our only source of goals, and he still had bad games like in the FA cup final.

I think we've become a lot of savvy with our signings, so even if we spend 15m on a stiker, that still leaves us with 20m which could drastically improve our squad with 2 more 10m players.

Don't look back, look forward. 

A bit disappointed but I can’t say I’m gutted. I knew this day would come and I was certain (50/50 :D  ;) ) he would leave this window. It was quiet about it this time around and didn’t force his way out. I just wish our great club 10-11 places higher up in the table last year. Then maybe, just maybe we could have kept him for a season or two until the real “Elite” Champions League teams would have looked to sign him. Now the bindippers who really are the “a half arsed club that used to be famous” J signed him which is really sad.

I hope we invest the money well and replace him with someone with exceptional potential. We can’t afford (wages) someone who can fill his boots (with PL experience) from day one. So I think we should by one young, hungry and talented prospect (Benteke when he signed), and someone like Adebayor (experienced with something to proof).

I know many of you are against it – I was to at first, but I think Adebayor could be the signing of the season. He obviously got massive talent and is a proven scorer and overall player at the highest level. If it’s a loan deal we have absolutely nothing to lose. If it doesn’t work out it’s not that big of a problem. If it does we have a really god player that has great relationship with Sherwood and would probably sign a new contract, if we want to keep him.

I do not think other players would have a problem with him earning £100k a week because they know that Spurs signed that contract.

I hope with our new management, even if we don’t get new owners we can start climbing up the table. I think midtable is possible next season IF we invest the Delph and Benteke money wisely. The team needs stability and confidence. And they need the supporters to be patient and behind them from day one next season.

You hear that about Newcastle fans as well.

"They like their football up here"

"They like their strikers up here"

:huh:

You hear that about Newcastle fans as well.

"They like their football up here"

"They like their strikers up here"

:huh:

Oh yes that old chestnut as if strikers at other clubs don't have a rapport with their fans ..

Â