Christian Benteke

Kwan

I do feel a bit sick.

Really? 

Seeing that has just gave me the urge to make cheese on toast and crack the **** on!

He's the only great striker we've had in nearly 20 years. Of course I'm gutted.

Make yourself some cheese on toast pal

I do feel a bit sick.

Really? 

Seeing that has just gave me the urge to make cheese on toast and crack the **** on!

He's the only great striker we've had in nearly 20 years. Of course I'm gutted.

Make yourself some cheese on toast pal

I've got some dairylea dunkers and a cheesestring to help me get over it.

• Like 1

Like others I feel physically sick seeing him in front of that gigantic logo wearing that horrible red rag.

Yes his overall play can be inconsistent sometimes, but he has scored almost 1 in 2 for a poor Villa side and is still underrated. They paid more for Andy Carroll ffs

He won't win anything at Liverpool anyway, they are complete crud. I hope he leaves for a 'real' big club soon.

Rant over.

He was the most talented striker at Villa for a long time and I will still enjoy watching videos of his goals, despite feeling sad everytime I see one.

He was a huge part of the reason I was able to drag myself down to Villa Park over the last few season. Yes of course we should always support the team etc. but let's be honest since MON left it's gone massively downhill and pretty much everyone has been awful. I turned up just hoping Benteke had one of his unplayable days, if he didn't play well we often didn't.

It's improving under Sherwood though, let's hope he spends the money well and I can enjoy watching a whole team again.

lol at people not being gutted because "hes not one of ours". people need to realise 99.99999% of footballer will not be one of yours. you should be gutted because hes the best striker we will likely see in the next 10 years probably. we struck gold with him

deserves so much applause when he comes back to VP for keeping us up for 3 years. Legend in my eyes tbh

What a weak message to villa fans. A lot of our players leave like that... never used to be....

We are dead to you... your dead to me.

Moving on whos coming n?

Edited by KSV

Wow, so weird to see his name in Other football forum, will take a few days to get used to!

Life goes on, that's the way Football clubs works and eventually a new hero will pop up from somewhere for us to love. 

It was a pleasure to watch him last few years so wish him no ill for the future.

lol at people not being gutted because "hes not one of ours". people need to realise 99.99999% of footballer will not be one of yours. you should be gutted because hes the best striker we will likely see in the next 10 years probably. we struck gold with him

deserves so much applause when he comes back to VP for keeping us up for 3 years. Legend in my eyes tbh

That made me chuckle, Gabby is certainly one of ours and is one of the most criticised of our current players (some of it justified) so not sure what people want.

He played and gave us some brilliant memories, just been watching his goals from last season and might get his first season up aswell especially that Sunderland game.

I'm actually not that bothered now - it's dragged on for so long, and he was only ever here as a stepping stone. We're losing a brilliant player but I have no emotional investment. When Milner went I was gutted, it was like seeing your ex with someone else. Christian? More like a super hot booty call that's moving overseas. Thanks for the goals and good luck.

It's a shame to lose such a great player but what can we do? It's a short career and players have to go on to play at a higher level. He has a better platform there than here lets face it and in 2 years he can move on again if they still haven't improved. 

This is the business of football and now we must go and find the next Benteke, Milner and Laursen, preferably all before the end of August!  :)

Gutted, I knew I would be but feeling even more than I thought I would. Sad day for Villa!

Me too, but mainly because he's signed for the club I despise the most...and this hasn't helped.

Pretty gutted. No player will ever be bigger than the club, but Benteke was an exceptional talent and I feel lucky to have watched him thump some goals in for us. All the best Christian, even if your choice of new team was poor!

Â