Christian Benteke

Kwan

Confirmed: Christian Benteke joins Liverpool for £32.5m on a five-year deal CHRISTIAN BENTEKE has sealed his £32.5m move to Liverpool.
PUBLISHED: 21:00, Wed, Jul 22, 2015 | UPDATED: 21:07, Wed, Jul 22, 2015
  fb.png
  tw.png
  g.png
  m.png
  sh.png
  c.png

The Belgium striker, 24, underwent a stringent medical on Monday and Tuesday and has put pen to paper on a five-year deal.

Benteke becomes Liverpool’s second most expensive signing after £35m Andy Carroll and is likely to make his debut in Finland against HJK Helsinki on August 1.

expresssport24apr15.jpg

Liverpool triggered a release clause in his contract at Aston Villa and he becomes manager Brendan Rodgers’ seventh summer signing.

He arrived at Melwood yesterday evening after £29m Roberto Firmino, a summer recruit from Hoffenheim, had trained on his own in his first session since the Copa America.

Liverpool-Liverpool-News-Liverpool-TransLFC TWITTER

Christian Benteke has completed his move to Liverpool for £32.5m

It came as Rodgers offered Mario Balotelli no assurances about his future, having left the Italian striker behind on Merseyside while the first team toured the Far East and Australia.

Liverpool are conscious that off-loading Balotelli less than a year after his £16m move from AC Milan will be difficult and Rodgers’ comments reflected that when asked about whether the forward would remain at the club.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/593094/Christian-Benteke-Liverpool-Deal-Confirmed-32-5m-Five-Year-Deal

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I never understand the "Wish him luck" bollocks. He's no longer apart of Aston Villa, I dont give a **** what he does for any club after us. In I hope he does poorly obviously as he playing for another team we are competing against.

No bitterness here, but good luck? really? **** no.

This.

You'll never walk alone?

You **** will if you don't score 20 goals, CB

Ahh, finally...its done?

Now Randy, don't be tight with the fee and let our manager complete phase 2 of the master plan. A stronger team firing goals from all over the park please.

I couldn't care less where he has gone and tbh I think we have mugged them getting that much for him.

i hope he scores tonnes of goals and shuts them lot the **** up

but at the same time i hope they continue to be shit at the back win and do absolutely nothing and then have to suffer his dickhead of an agent in a years time after they've finished 6th in the league and he's had a blinder at the euros

• Like 1

Â