Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just been reading some Plop fans comments on this possible signing. Apparently Benteke is not mobile enough and no better than Balotelli.

**** deluded pricks.

Haha I was doing the exact same thing and going to post it here. They have absolutely no **** clue. Each day I hate that overly sentimental, stuck in the past football club more and more.

• Like 1

My opinion of the top 4 is that Chelsea and Citeh can go and rot. Chelsea originally ruined football and Citeh brought it to the next ridiculous level of God mode. Arsenal are tolerable and they play lovely football but Wenger is a borderline insufferable dickhead. Whereas for me United are a proper club.

For me, a lot of it is the fans. You also likely grew up with every little sh*thead supporting Man Utd; as someone once quipped, "He supports United in place of having a personality." Idiot fans who don't know the first thing about football, and would stop supporting them if they ever had a bad patch.

Given that most of us are in our 20s/30s/40s, Chelsea and City still have a decent contingent of fans from before the glory days. In my lifetime it's never been like that with United or Liverpool fans, and certainly not Arsenal fans.

Liverpool don't need him. Stick with Balotelli who is actually a good striker who was being mis-used. 

Yes - definitely. If I were Liverpool, I'd definitely stick with Mario.

(are they buying it yet? shhhh)

Maybe Rogers frequents these boards? If so, Rogers you have a much more complete striker in Balotelli. Yea he has some temperament issues, but he scored goals at the world cup. How many has Benteke scored?? Think about that when you want to purchase Benteke...

• Like 1

If we sell him to Liverpool i'll be absolutely fuming. 

Yep. Liverpool are EXACTLY the kind of club we should NOT sell him to. If he goes there we might as well put up a sign that says "Our ambition isn't to do even as modestly well as Liverpool, and never will be."

With Liverpool in the state they're in we should be taking this opportunity to try to ease into their position as the best club outside the CL.

I don't think we will sell to them though. Not for less than sixty or so, anyway.

• Like 1

United seem interested in Benzema for 40M. Let's hope that happens. 40M seems on the cheap side though. If we're asking that much for Benteke with 3 seasons of top flight experience, surely Benzema is much more proven?

United seem interested in Benzema for 40M. Let's hope that happens. 40M seems on the cheap side though. If we're asking that much for Benteke with 3 seasons of top flight experience, surely Benzema is much more proven?

Benteke is proven in the Premier League. That's a massive thing. If United got Benzema Madrid can have Benteke for the same money. At least that way I could continue to enjoy watching him.

Things that piss me off 

1) A bid over 20 mil will be enough ..example A ) Bony 28 mil B) Downing 20 mil C)Lallana 25mil so yes it cost a lot over 20 mil

2) Liverpool are not in the champs league , got thumped as badly as we did in last 2 games and their ambitions include a new deal for Kolo ''Im much shitter than my brother ''Toure 

3) Liverpool don't want to interrupt Villa's FA cup preperations so will bid after ...but they will leak it to EVERY newspaper they possible can , looks like Sterlings agent was right about how they do business 

• Like 3

They're such tossers aren't they. Did another search of Benteke on Twitter and they're still whinging like mad.

Some of their fans seem so genuinely angry about it all. They haven't even made a bid yet!

Alan Brazil said this morning speculation should not have started until after the FA Cup Final and then interviewed Dwight Yorke  :o (who knows all about leaving our club).

From "The Times" today :angry: :

Liverpool are preparing a bid for Christian Benteke but will not lodge it until after Aston Villa have played Arsenal in the FA Cup final on Saturday.

Benteke enters the final two years of his contract at Villa Park this summer and Liverpool are hopeful that an offer of more than £20 million will convince Villa to sell the Belgium forward, who Brendan Rodgers wants to become the new spearhead of his attack.

Rodgers wants to add greater physicality and firepower to Liverpool’s front line and believes that Benteke would provide both qualities, hence the 24-year-old emerging as one of the club’s chief transfer targets before what promises to be another close season of change at Anfield.

Edited by John

The absolute bottom offer we should even be entertaining should be £28m.

That's how much Bony and Lukaku cost and Benteke is better than both, in form, 2 years on his contract, younger (in Bony's case), more proven.

We shouldn't even be answering the **** phone to anything less than that.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â