Ashley Young

maqroll

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I love the street smarts he brings to the team, he knows when to quicken it and when to slow it down.

Right at the end today, a little row broke out - Ashley kept it going because every moment Leicester were arguing with him was a moment that the clock was ticking. That won't have been an accident on his part - he's a very, very clever footballer.

Yep I thought exactly this and loved it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Right at the end today, a little row broke out - Ashley kept it going because every moment Leicester were arguing with him was a moment that the clock was ticking. That won't have been an accident on his part - he's a very, very clever footballer.

I was chuckling to myself when this happened. Was a complete nothing incident but Young kept the clock ticking. Very smart.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I was chuckling to myself when this happened. Was a complete nothing incident but Young kept the clock ticking. Very smart.

He is one crafty shithouse, and I love him for it. If he scores we'll riot.

Edited by Mantis

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He is one crafty shithouse, and I love him for it. If he scores we'll riot.

Really thought he was about to bend it into the far corner, run to the Holte and outline his name on his back like it was 2010.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I love the street smarts he brings to the team, he knows when to quicken it and when to slow it down.

Interesting, I actually thought he had really lost his cool it didn't look staged to me but I agree he is a very astute character.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Interesting, I actually thought he had really lost his cool it didn't look staged to me but I agree he is a very astute character.

He was just trying to tempt Dewsburg-Hall or whatever he's called into a headbutt, was testing the kid's temperament considering he was getting frustrated.

Him and Martinez certainly know how to waste time in last 10 minutes when we're winning. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I did find it funny at him criticising somebody for diving 😂

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Really thought he was about to bend it into the far corner, run to the Holte and outline his name on his back like it was 2010.

Was so disappointed this didn't happen. Can't wait for him to score for us again.

• Like 1

I love the enthusiasm he brings. You’d think someone nearing the end of their career, where they’d been very successful, might be a little jaded and come with a “been there, done that” attitude. 
The video of his celebration with Ezri shows just how much he loves playing and how much of an inspiration he is to to the younger players in the team. 

• Like 2

Surprised I haven't seen a comment in this thread yet.

I really don't like him as a winger. I don't think he has the pace, trickery or ability for it anymore. When the ball falls to him, he just isn't threatening with it. 

He works hard and keeps it simple. Those 2 simple characteristics have made him a rather versatile player to have. But he's probably not gonna be the guy that unlocks defenses and wins matches for us. Rather, one that's capable of plugging holes in our team and doing a capable job when called for.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

He's clearly lost what he had, but hard to blame him at 36 after being forced to play as a full-back at the peak of his career.

I think he's just a placeholder for one of our many crocked wingers and I'd rather see a prospect in that covering role tbh.

Â