Ashley Young

maqroll

I wouldn't be surprised if he was given another year.  He has shown he can still perform at this level and hasn't let us down or looked out of place when called upon. Handy player to have in the squad as he can cover a number of positions. Also a winner and good character.  Also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually gets a coaching role, assuming he is doing his badges.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

After watching the latest training video he's keeping up with the young uns 

In each of the training videos he looks like he’s having the time of his life, seems to be animated on the bench in matches to, I think he really believes in the project and at the stage of his career where he just want to give a bit back.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If he chose that lot over Villa he'd deffo want his head tested

Assume they at least offered him a pay increase of 50% or something to join and likely an 18 month contract with a bonus for avoiding relegation. Had to be a financial incentive to get such an incredibly respected player to leave and join them. I'd say Ash wants to b a coach

I can see why we'd want to keep him...he can play lots of positions in a pinch, and Gerrard has called him a model professional, which means he's a good influence on the younger players, plus he could grow into a coaching role. The question is, will he want to stay if he doesn't get much playing time.

I like him and want him to stay for the rest of the season. Maybe next season too. I also think he got that cool head when coming on to the pitch when the team is under pressure. Take on players and win free kicks and do smart passes instead of just hoofing it away.

Edited by DeepDish
  • Like 1

I think he is Gerrard's squad man. His influence over the players with Coutinho is invaluable. A very necessary player to have in every squad. He fills a void until such time as the squad is completely Gerrard's to manipulate.

• Like 1

I hope Ash stays despite his 3 positions that have now got cover . As others have said he seems an invaluable member of the squad that the younguns like and respect and he does seem to have a real afinity with the club. How he celebrates the goals in the dugout compared to others shows he does really care. 

Â