Ashley Young

maqroll

On 27/01/2022 at 22:24, avfc1982am said:

I think he is Gerrard's squad man. His influence over the players with Coutinho is invaluable. A very necessary player to have in every squad. He fills a void until such time as the squad is completely Gerrard's to manipulate.

I've heard he does all the cam work

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I like Ashley young but now he just taking the place up of our younger players, they need the gametime not young

Very much this. If we're going to throw away the season and any chance of a top half finish, don't do so playing the likes of Young.

• Like 1

I thought he had some good appearances earlier this season. When he did, his experience and street smarts made up for his old legs.

Today, he got fooled and cost us the match. If his reaction time is gone, then the game is up. Put the experience and street smarts to work on our coaching staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't wanna be too harsh on him as that was gerrards fault for playing in a position he doesn't play. Absolutely moronic decision by Gerrard that has cost us the game.

He's played right back before and done alright, not only for us, but in the champions league.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's played right back before and done alright, not only for us, but in the champions league.

He plays left back mainly. Rarely right back. It puzzles me why he thought this would be a better option than Chambers rb and hause cb?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He plays left back mainly. Rarely right back.

Yup, but one of the main benefits of bringing him in was his versatility alongside his experience. He's our de facto second choice right back. It was a poor sub, and he cost us the goal, but it's not like we chucked him on in a position he can't play.

It was a very strange decision to take Cash off at all though unless he was struggling with an injury we don't know about

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, but one of the main benefits of bringing him in was his versatility alongside his experience. He's our de facto second choice right back. It was a poor sub, and he cost us the goal, but it's not like we chucked him on in a position he can't play.

It was a very strange decision to take Cash off at all though unless he was struggling with an injury we don't know about

Completely agree on your last paragraph.  I think most of us would rather have kesler as cover than young

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He plays left back mainly. Rarely right back. It puzzles me why he thought this would be a better option than Chambers rb and hause cb?

Because it was an attacking move

He wanted someone to be able to put a decent ball into the box from a wide position.

Â