Ashley Young

maqroll

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On watching that goal back, it's ALL Ashley Young ain't it?

The skill to evade the challenges, the run forward, and the perfectly threaded pass!

Gerrard knowing him and his qualities might reignite some of his old spark 

I think it started with Nakamba’s composure in the box to win the ball and calmly offload, it’s all Young from there yes, two unexpected heros

• Like 1

Wasn't in the game in his first position of LWF. When he switched to CM he was outstanding. 

Really appreciated the time in the corner when younger players would try and whip crosses in. He just checked out, and played some more triangles before repeating. Did a really good job of seeing out the game.

• Like 1

I can’t have been the only person in the stadium that was disappointed to see him come on. I guess it’s a little reminder why I’m not a professional football manager. 

Absolutely changed the game today. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On watching that goal back, it's ALL Ashley Young ain't it?

The skill to evade the challenges, the run forward, and the perfectly threaded pass!

Gerrard knowing him and his qualities might reignite some of his old spark 

Yep I didn't realise just how much he'd done on that assist. Naka did well too, could have hoofed it, picked out Young. Beat a man and releases it at the perfect time.

• Like 1

He was excellent yesterday. 

I was worried when he moved into midfield and we were playing a midfield 2 of Young and Nakamba, but he bossed it.

This is exactly why we bought him. Good, experienced, utility cover. If he'd been on the pitch for longer I"d have given him MOTM

Â