Ashley Young

maqroll

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Every transfer window we always talk about ex Villa players coming back. Most surprised it's Young. Me being 30 he has been the most exciting player I've seen at B6. 

I don't watch any Italian football so will be interesting at level he still plays at. 

Football Soccer GIF by MolaTV

My favourite Ash moment back in the day - Everton winner notwithstanding - was goal no. 6 against Blackburn in the league cup semi.

If he even just reminds me of that’s when I see him sitting on the bench, I will be happy happy happy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Football Soccer GIF by MolaTV

😂 He doesn't count, he is the exception that proves the rule 👀 

I just remember being a teenager being at the Villa with me Dad. Villa on the counter with Young on the ball. A roar from the crowd, a thunder of all the seats folding up at once with the excitement. Good times. 

• Like 2

McLeish was appointed 10 years ago today and Ashley Young was sold the following week. It set in a period of big decline for the club and even though it's not the same Ashley Young we are signing back, the club is certainly in a much healthier state with some positive times surely ahead.

• Like 2

Only echoing what others have said but his interview on the OS is great. Even aside from the obvious pro-Villa stuff it's interesting to hear him talk about his time at Inter and how he sees his career.

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/Young-It-feels-amazing-to-be-back/

His video interview is really really good. Changed my mind to be far more positive.

if you are feeling uncertain about the signing I recommend watching him speak here. Very good.

Welcome back Ashley Young!

Really positive stuff, the ambition and the drive are still there to succeed. That’s a big boost. 

Welcome back Ashley. The video has convinced me. 

• Like 2

Â