Ashley Young

maqroll

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without Jack out:

Young -Ollie - Buendia

is a hell of an upgrade on:

El Ghazi - Ollie  - Traore

It's genuinely a win win IMO, and i'm sure we aren't done in the market.

I don't think we can underestimate the benefit he brings to all the players in those line ups. 

Ollie at the thought of Ashley's crossing.....

daffy duck masturbation GIF

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

On the plus side  he is a name who has just won a league title , it will be a signal to potential signings that we are in the market for quality. He will be an asset in training especially to the younger players, and he will be a versatile option from the bench. The way he talks in that interview makes me wonder if he might be joining the coaching team after his playing days.

Yeah he most have  a bit of a football brain given the amount of different positions he has played at over the years.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Says when he left, he mentioned to his agent, that he'd love to come back one day, if possible.

( I don't care if it's bollox, it sounds good and i'm nostalgic and back in love ).

For me, it just feels like setting things right!

Anyone know how long it would take us to get Carew back to full fitness?!

I reckon Gabby is sitting on Talksport thinking he might be able to get a game now his mate is now back. 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Says when he left, he mentioned to his agent, that he'd love to come back one day, if possible.

( I don't care if it's bollox, it sounds good and i'm nostalgic and back in love ).

About 10 seconds. That man will always be a beast.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Should of never have dived against us.

Don't think i can ever forgive him for that.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on Deans comments, Ash won't be pleased with just sitting for a pay day, he wants to compete!

Whether he becomes a starter or not, this is a great signal.

Will raise the standards as well. 

Our players will benefit greatly IMO.

Absolutely. It's signings like this that help close the gap. 

• Like 1

Wants to play week in week out. I hope management told him that probably won't happen. Maybe off the bench but doesn't sound like he wants that.

Will be a great addition to the training ground. Showing youngsters how hard you have to train to make it. 

AEG is much better player but we aren't sure if he is here for fullback cover or as a winger. One thing for sure is we will be managing Jack's minutes a whole lot better this season. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Wants to play week in week out. I hope management told him that probably won't happen. Maybe off the bench but doesn't sound like he wants that.

Will be a great addition to the training ground. Showing youngsters how hard you have to train to make it. 

AEG is much better player but we aren't sure if he is here for fullback cover or as a winger. One thing for sure is we will be managing Jack's minutes a whole lot better this season. 

He's 36 in July.

I think he is realistic about his role here

There is zero chance he will play ahead of Matt and Matty

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I think that's a very good point. 

Â