Ashley Young

maqroll

3 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Fair weather fanny merchant more like.

On a serious note, it feels good to have him back. Was brilliant in his first spell, a model pro, and one of the early pioneers in the act of getting your knob out on Zoom calls - years before it became a global phenomenon during the Covid pandemic.

image.jpeg.0688670b9b1bf13bd16e91fde0a94091.jpeg

Cheeky.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Welcome back Ash. One year deal too, really happy. If it works out great if it doesn’t it’s only a year. Shrewd by the club. Villa of the past would’ve offered a 2/3 year deal. 

This.

I just seen a picture in the 21/22 new kit thread and had to come in this thread to see if it was legit 🤣

Welcome back Ash, lets see if you can make it four 6th place finishes in a row for Villa! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I reckon Gabby is sitting on Talksport thinking he might be able to get a game now his mate is now back. 😂

Don't get me started, anyone who has been on here long enough will remember the dramatic arguments we had a bout Gabby ( Me being a huge fan at the time ) haha

• Like 1

Christ. Oh well. Let's hope he apologises for trying to relegate us by cheating. I can't be bothered to go through all the posts to see who claimed Jack Grealish would do the exact same if/when he moves. Dumbest post I've read in a long time. I was part of a now defunct Villa forum that documented just how loathsome an individual he was at the club with various examples seen first-hand behind the scenes, but that's ancient history and easy to move on from. What isn't, is that dive when we were at our lowest ebb.

Some things are easy to forget, forgive, shrug about, some things are not. I wouldn't even call it irrational, but simply unforgivable. Before responding please ask yourself if you have your own Villa moment that still feels as painful now as whenever it happened.... this is what football does to you. If you've moved on from it, good for you. Personally, I'd hoped we'd moved on as a club from going down the old nag with massive ego on a big salary route. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again. Gutted to see it, and for the youth prospect he's stifling.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Am I the first to ask when we will be re-signing Milner and Barry? We won't be needing Zat Knight. We never did.

Consoling I Got You GIF by American Gods

Welcome back Ashley. I think this is a smart move by the club and I'm looking forward to seeing him on the pitch playing for us again.

Not particularly bothered about how he left. Can't expect a good player to stay at a club on a clear downward trend just because we want him to. Whatever your feelings, hopefully we can all get behind him while he does play for us.

Â