Ashley Young

maqroll

Wasn’t much fuss when he left never played a poor game for us, people making him out to be like Alpay and Yorke

edit or Delph genuinely forgot he played football 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceemo said:

McLeish was appointed 10 years ago today and Ashley Young was sold the following week. It set in a period of big decline for the club and even though it's not the same Ashley Young we are signing back, the club is certainly in a much healthier state with some positive times surely ahead.

image.png.2f76c49931cfe7cf2911b6fdfc3bbcb5.png

22 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Christ. Oh well. Let's hope he apologises for trying to relegate us by cheating. I can't be bothered to go through all the posts to see who claimed Jack Grealish would do the exact same if/when he moves. Dumbest post I've read in a long time. I was part of a now defunct Villa forum that documented just how loathsome an individual he was at the club with various examples seen first-hand behind the scenes, but that's ancient history and easy to move on from. What isn't, is that dive when we were at our lowest ebb.

Some things are easy to forget, forgive, shrug about, some things are not. I wouldn't even call it irrational, but simply unforgivable. Before responding please ask yourself if you have your own Villa moment that still feels as painful now as whenever it happened.... this is what football does to you. If you've moved on from it, good for you. Personally, I'd hoped we'd moved on as a club from going down the old nag with massive ego on a big salary route. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again. Gutted to see it, and for the youth prospect he's stifling.

Lol apologises for trying to relegate us? What are you on about? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It was one dive a decade ago. Time to let it go. You'll be happier for it. The good he did for us far outweighs that.

Disagree on that. You don't forget treason or acts of cuntery based on how many good things are done before or after. He made his bed.

Mistake by Deano. Should never have been re-signed. I'd never applaud him.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

41 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I just seen a picture in the 21/22 new kit thread and had to come in this thread to see if it was legit 🤣

Welcome back Ash, lets see if you can make it four 6th place finishes in a row for Villa! 

He finished 9th in his last season with us.

Say no to Houllier season erasure!

• Haha 1

Young was a brilliant player for us in the past. For some reason DS and the club apparently wanted him back... and he seems genuinely thrilled to be back. This might be a really astute signing, or perhaps he'll only play a bit part role. I want to believe it's the former. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Disagree on that. You don't forget treason or acts of cuntery based on how many good things are done before or after. He made his bed.

So were you okay with all the times he "went down easily" playing for us?

Seriously, time to move on. Things happen in the moment. He probably lost himself in the moment and then maybe immediately after felt bad for doing it against us. Things happen in the moment.

It wasn't like he put in a transfer request or forced a move. It wasn't even like the dive was in a crucial game that relegated us. It was a nothing moment in a game we'd have probably lost dive or no dive.

If he'd done a Delph, then yes fair enough. I'd not be welcoming him back either. But he was nothing but an absolute professional for our cause whilst here. Always gave 100%.

Great signing by Smith. No mistakes at all.

• Like 4

Ashley Old more like . This is the biggest case of false advertising since The Never Ending Story which has a run time of 1h 47m .

Totally on board for the upgraded set pieces mind you . 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Aren’t you based in Scandinavia mate? Even if you clapped he wouldn’t be able to hear you 😉😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know their will always be moaners but man I had no idea this many would have negative words for Young's return. Nostalgia is one of the main reason we are all fans. Your Dad, Uncle, Brother, Mom or whomever bringing you to your first match as a little one. How everything seemed so large and loud. How it all made you feel. It's literally why most of us are here. 

Seriously if you can't get swept up in a little nostalgia then I have to ask....Who hurt you?  

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He finished 9th in his last season with us.

Say no to Houllier season erasure!

Oh yeah

Damn, we were flirting with relegation most that season as well. Just the last couple months we put some results together and shot up the league!

Looking back that was still a decent squad with Young, Bent, Delph etc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Young was a brilliant player for us in the past. For some reason DS and the club apparently wanted him back... and he seems genuinely thrilled to be back. This might be a really astute signing, or perhaps he'll only play a bit part role. I want to believe it's the former. 

He turned down a contract from inter to sign with us which is pretty amazing. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Christ. Oh well. Let's hope he apologises for trying to relegate us by cheating. I can't be bothered to go through all the posts to see who claimed Jack Grealish would do the exact same if/when he moves. Dumbest post I've read in a long time. I was part of a now defunct Villa forum that documented just how loathsome an individual he was at the club with various examples seen first-hand behind the scenes, but that's ancient history and easy to move on from. What isn't, is that dive when we were at our lowest ebb.

Some things are easy to forget, forgive, shrug about, some things are not. I wouldn't even call it irrational, but simply unforgivable. Before responding please ask yourself if you have your own Villa moment that still feels as painful now as whenever it happened.... this is what football does to you. If you've moved on from it, good for you. Personally, I'd hoped we'd moved on as a club from going down the old nag with massive ego on a big salary route. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again. Gutted to see it, and for the youth prospect he's stifling.

I'd like to hear more about these behind the scenes twatterry! 

I don't believe he consciously tried to relegate us. He was just playing his natural game. That's just how he played.

Just don't believe he is still capable of playing at the level we need him to perform at.

Â