Ashley Young

maqroll

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah Fergie always had to be the biggest prick in any room

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Also a prick…

Maybe a debate for another thread, but the point still remains, anyone that was too big for their boots didn’t last long at UTD under him 

Given that he has just won the league in Italy, and the fact that there are apparently other clubs interested, I’m not actually sure why he’d want to sit on our bench. 

I don’t mean to sound like a hypocrite after saying I thing he’d be a shrewd signing, but he doesn’t start many games for us surely. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Given that he has just won the league in Italy, and the fact that there are apparently other clubs interested, I’m not actually sure why he’d want to sit on our bench. 

I don’t mean to sound like a hypocrite after saying I thing he’d be a shrewd signing, but he doesn’t start many games for us surely. 

I actually think we'll be surprised and he'll play more football than most are expecting.

He's the first backup in 4 positions, and could theoretically start with an injury or dip in form for any of those players.

• Like 4

Can't help but smile seeing him back in Villa gear. Have a good feeling about this one, smart signing that fills a void in more than one way and allows us to put more emphasis and funds on more pressing improvements in the start XI.

Welcome back I say.

Also for squad numbers fans this should mean Targett getting the #3, which is enjoyable. 

• Like 3

I'm onboard with this. He's still a decent player, he's a good pro, been there and done it all, offers us experience and versatility. On free, fair enough.

Welcome back Ashley.

I thought he was overall our best player under Oneill. I'll never forget the late late goal at Everton. Im not expecting that player but he can play left back or left wing and gives us good options. 

• Like 1

Â