Ashley Young

maqroll

45 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Some people would pay good money to have a bird shit in their mouth.

The reality is never as good as the fantasy.

Errr... so i've been told :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gifs of a bird shitting in our new signings mouth hardly counts as nostalgia. Not where I grew up anyway. 

sounds like a standard Saturday night with the boys where im from......

• Haha 1

Hmmm... not sure on this, Makes sense I guess. Can cover a number of positions, both at full back and on the wing.

He wouldn't some here to sit on the bench surely? He could have been a starter at Watford or Burnley. 

39 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Those who enjoy incorporating the word "gash" into our player's names in the Pre-Match Thread must be licking their lips. He'll lineup alongside such luminaries as:

El Gashy

Trezegash

Matty Gash

Matt Targash

John McGash

and of course....

Wesley Gash.

Welcome Gashley!

Nah, ones as obvious as Matty Gash always inexplicably use a more awkward pun, like Matty Crap or Wanky Cash

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

By the looks of it we have 2 players in already,  we are bringing people in while other teams are trying work out a plan ,would you rather a return to the good old days o signing players all on deadline day? Thats what I would call failure to get preferred targets.

But where are our new shirts? 

Hope this works out for the best. Young always struck me as a bit of a prick in all honesty....

My only concern is that the squad is in a great place at the moment. Brilliant team spirit and camaraderie. I don't want Young to upset that.

I’m coming around to this. People might talk about his age etc, but we are light on the wings, we have no fullback cover at all and we could potentially be getting a guy to cover all 4 positions for free. 

Add to that the winning mentality of last decade or so at huge clubs, the fact that he knows the club and the city so won’t take anytime to settle in, and think think this is a very shrewd move 

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Hope this works out for the best. Young always struck me as a bit of a prick in all honesty....

My only concern is that the squad is in a great place at the moment. Brilliant team spirit and camaraderie. I don't want Young to upset that.

I’m not sure he would have lasted 5mins under Fergie had that been the case. 

Â