Ashley Young

maqroll

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fair to adjust this to “seems to go against what some people thought the clubs buying policy is”?

Note I used "seems", I have no inside track on Lange/Smith/Purslows innermost thoughts!

Edited by macandally

2 minutes ago, useless said:

It will mean we will have three Youngs on our books, Ashley, Bradley and Kadan.

Maybe Luke's still hiding somewhere.  I don't actually remember him leaving.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But I’m still glad a bird shat in his mouth. 

That was it for me, we were square from that moment forward. How can you hold a grudge after an actual bird not only shat in his mush, but it did so live on television.

He dove, dove shat, end of.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But I’m still glad a bird shat in his mouth. 

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

This moment erased any residual anger I had for him, it was a moment of weakness and I saw he’s still human. The story of football is not the wins or the losses, but the people you meet along the way.

That bird restored some faith in the game for me, and I welcome Ashley back with open arms.

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Maybe we can have a announcement video where he shakes hands with a seagull with a mouth full of shit and the hashtags #WelcomeHomeAshley #AllIsForgiven #TreacheryBecomesNullWithTheShitOfTheGull

I hate to be the one to break this to you guys, but this actually never happened.

6 hours ago, Villa94 said:

just need to get milner, barry and downing back now and possibly gabby and champions league here we come 🤟

The irony is all those players are still playing, Gabby is the youngest by a couple of years yet he's the one who retired a couple of years ago (and could easily be argued actually retired 4 years even earlier than that). Such a waste. 

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

They both play in more sedentary positions where they just need to hold their position and not cover large distances. They don't require lots of explosive bursts either.

I had one of those last week after a Thai Green Curry.  Not pleasant.   I mean REALLY not pleasant. 

Those who enjoy incorporating the word "gash" into our player's names in the Pre-Match Thread must be licking their lips. He'll lineup alongside such luminaries as:

El Gashy

Trezegash

Matty Gash

Matt Targash

John McGash

and of course....

Wesley Gash.

Welcome Gashley!

• Haha 3

All this nostalgia bs makes me wanna puke. I feel like a bird has shat in my mouth!

I fail to see how nostalgia or he was a great player for us, makes him a good signing. 

I always liked him and still do. But I don’t believe he'll be a good signing. These types of move always end in tears. Reminds me of the Lescott signing.

• Like 1

One year deal on 60k a week is great business. Targett's place will be far from certain (good competition will improve him), and Young could do a job on either wing as well. Great business, even if he is a bit of a planker.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

All this nostalgia bs makes me wanna puke. I feel like a bird has shat in my mouth!

I fail to see how nostalgia or he was a great player for us, makes him a good signing. 

I always liked him and still do. But I don’t believe he'll be a good signing. These types of move always end in tears. Reminds me of the Lescott signing.

Gifs of a bird shitting in our new signings mouth hardly counts as nostalgia. Not where I grew up anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

These types of move always end in tears. Reminds me of the Lescott signing.

Lescott was signed from a poor West Brom team managed by Tony Pulis. Young has just played regularly for a Serie A winning team who were keen to offer him a new contract.

Can understand people's reservations on this one, but it's a lazy comparison 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

How very, very dare you. To suggest that members of this esteemed electronic community are not fully aligned with the greater fan base cuts me to the core. Furthermore the suggestion that people here may be warriors of the keyboard and the keyboard only, is a slight on us all. You Sir are a bounder and I challenge you to a duel to the death. See you on the steps of The Holte in 10 minutes!!

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Lescott was signed to be a starting CB. I highly doubt that Young on a short-term deal is integral to the future development of this team.

Â