Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Usual game, gives the ball away in dangerous positions, not strong or quick enough in posession, passing tepid at best.Neither him or GG are good enough tbh, need to move the ball quicker, and better, and need more energy in midfield, not enough support from midfield for the strikers.

Actually thought GG was slightly better than Westwood tbh.

• Like 1

Thought he was excellent first half (great challenge after about 2 mins set the tone for his half) and more tepid second half - then again, everyone was.

Played a great ball in to McCormack (first half) but also dallied on the ball in the second giving Derby an opportunity from outside the box. 

Still our best central midfielder, though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Thought he was excellent first half (great challenge after about 2 mins set the tone for his half) and more tepid second half - then again, everyone was.

Played a great ball in to McCormack (first half) but also dallied on the ball in the second giving Derby an opportunity from outside the box. 

Still our best central midfielder, though. 

Agree with all that except the last line have high hopes that Jedi and Tish will both be better for us this year.

He did well enough tonight, and has had a decent start to the season, but I am not sure he has enough about him to be playing in a two. For most of the second half we were being over run in midfield. In a three he will be fine at this level and I would expect that in a number of games this season we will see us play a three. 

Having said that I do think once we see a real enforcer in midfield in Jedinak we will look a much stronger unit in the middle be it in a two or a three.

Edited by markavfc40

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Usual game, gives the ball away in dangerous positions, not strong or quick enough in posession, passing tepid at best.Neither him or GG are good enough tbh, need to move the ball quicker, and better, and need more energy in midfield, not enough support from midfield for the strikers.

Actually thought GG was slightly better than Westwood tbh.

Bizarre post

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely am baffled sometimes at how much of a hard time Ashley gets, a VERY decent player. He is closer to Mr. "reliable" than anywhere near as dire as some people try to make out.

Agreed with this. Doesn't help playing in a midfield 2 over and over. I'd like to think RDM will change it no we have more players in that position, but I won't hold my breath.